Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Large company, good place to work

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Ability to advance one's career, many divisions to be exposed to. Supportive group of co-workers; sense of community and camraderie.

Cons

Depending on your point of view, such a large company either makes it easy to blend in or challenging to stand apart from the crowd.

Present more opportunities for growth, both internally and from external sources. Perhaps limit the number of lateral moves one can make within the organization.

9335 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Stuff of legend

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Legendary company, legendary founders, and if you get to work with the original blue employees - you actually get a glimpse of the original HP.

Cons

It's now more about shareholder value than employees. Employees are getting burned out at the increased workload (from layoffs), psychological impact of losing colleages (from layoffs), years of pay freeze, and lack of promotional opportunities.

Stop paying lip service to VoW results.

Neutral - there's good and Bad

Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility, respect i am given by my boss, the autonomy to manage and set goals for my people, work life balance is tough at the minute but i own it and am supported. Great colleagues and willingness from people to do the right thing

Cons

Very top down approach, people are more worried about how things look than the substance of what they do.
    Some of the "old" spirit of the HP way is gone - but we live in a new world today.

need to get back to some of the core values of the organisation - don't spin things if they are bad its better to give it straight - people can take it!

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard