There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

They treat their employees like crap.

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

None. I'd never work for them again.

Cons

Lack of communication, lots of backstabbing, micro-managing, and other fun stuff.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst place I ever worked

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE- only good thing was after the first project I was hired to work for fell apart, I took a different position within HP and was able to work from home.

Cons

I left a great company to take a job with what I thought was a leading technology company. The project I has hired fell a part within a few months of me coming on board. When I tried to make changes to bring the team I was managing to bring them up to speed and in line with best practices I got absolutely no support from the project management or part of the team that was there before I came on board. I found the majority of the people lazy and would have constant useless meetings to avoid doing any real work. I took another position after the project ending working from home, and got a excellent performance review and then 4 months later was laid off as part of their "workforce reduction". I got laid off because I wasn't a cheap overseas employee who does half the amount of work for pennies. I would never recommend anyone to go work for this company.

Advice to Management

start looking at work performance and not a cost. You get want you pay for, you don't pay much, you sure don't get much.

Good for name bad for job growth

Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer II in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer II in Andover, MA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work-life balance is excellent. If you know people you will have excellent job security.

Cons

No job growth. If you don't know people and achieve expectations (Which are high) then you get to keep your job. Bonus pool as said by your manager is too low every year. You get less being an intermediate to senior because manager and architects take it all. Also architects and masters work like you do the work I will show it to others and talk about it and you don't get to have an opinion about it. Bad for job growth. If you want to time pass excellent company for you. If you don't break anything but do minimal work and send lots of emails you exceed expectations.

Advice to Management

Benefits and culture is everything for employees. If you care about them they will start caring about you and the company.