Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as an intern

Pros

People think HP is big and looks good from outside world.

Cons

It's the most B place to work with the most frustrating deck of people ever met. I don't think right people are in workforce filling their own pockets a taking company down the drain. People who are hiring should be fired as they are making company weaker by day by bringing wrong people on board and politics and beuracracy.

Fire the on on boarding staff. They are the ones drowning the company. Find a better criteria to fire people. There are many who make company look bad

8872 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

They treat their employees like crap.

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

None. I'd never work for them again.

Cons

Lack of communication, lots of backstabbing, micro-managing, and other fun stuff.

Good for name bad for job growth

Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer II  in  Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer II in Andover, MA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work-life balance is excellent. If you know people you will have excellent job security.

Cons

No job growth. If you don't know people and achieve expectations (Which are high) then you get to keep your job. Bonus pool as said by your manager is too low every year. You get less being an intermediate to senior because manager and architects take it all. Also architects and masters work like you do the work I will show it to others and talk about it and you don't get to have an opinion about it. Bad for job growth. If you want to time pass excellent company for you. If you don't break anything but do minimal work and send lots of emails you exceed expectations.

Benefits and culture is everything for employees. If you care about them they will start caring about you and the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!