Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

A wandering technology company during my years, trying to find the best mix of products and services for our customers

Current Employee - Account Support Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Account Support Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Engineering foundation at the core and delighting the customer throughout.

Cons

Still wandering to find herself ( HP) previous management pulled out benefits, said we are aligning with what other companies are offering, and reduced headcount as restructuring moves.

Remember that employees are what makes a company what it is and the culture and benefits are what makes employees want to stay and grow.

9447 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Dinosaur that is almost extinct.

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck always hits the bank. Gender reassignment covered by insurance. I guess??

Cons

What can I say. HP had 80-90k employees in 2001 before the Compaq merger. Since then one merger after another each time they have destroyed the company and the business they took over. Now they have over 280K employees. The said thing is they have left over 100k employees in their wake. Layoffs in the magnitude of 20-30k at a time. One failed CEO after another. Carly Fiorina the beginning of the end. Mark Hurd - the hatchetman of Palo Alto. Then Leo the 10 month 11 million dollar man. Now Meg the write down queen. They have bleed eds customers since the take over losing close to half their business in 5 years. Destroyed palm and its Web Os. This is a sinking ship with giant holes but all they care about is diversions to make wall street happy.

Start taking care of your employees and not just stock holders and upper management. Quit saying there is no money when we still make billions in profit every year. The good talent leaves daily and will continue until there is nothing left but dead weight in this place.

acquisition fallout

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I liked my work and focused on that and away from other things.

Cons

I worked for a company HP acquired. Layoffs occurred on a continuous basis. Our manager was great and we had frequent impromptu meetings that allowed us to discuss the aftermath of "who is gone this time."

One of those situations where one feels like the company has zero regard for you as an actual human being and 100% regard for you as a commodity that may be jettisoned at any time.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard