There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

A wandering technology company during my years, trying to find the best mix of products and services for our customers

Current Employee - Account Support Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Account Support Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Engineering foundation at the core and delighting the customer throughout.

Cons

Still wandering to find herself ( HP) previous management pulled out benefits, said we are aligning with what other companies are offering, and reduced headcount as restructuring moves.

Advice to Management

Remember that employees are what makes a company what it is and the culture and benefits are what makes employees want to stay and grow.

reviews filtered by

Don't work there as a contractor

Former Contractor - Sales Arch in Boise, ID
    Former Contractor - Sales Arch in Boise, ID

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

As a contractor, my supplier paid its employees weekly.

Cons

In sales, there are two categories of employees, the core group of "employees" and the ETWs ( temp workers). The core group gets treated like humans and real employees with career development and all the help they need to succeed in their position. As a temp worker you don't have any of these benefits and are expected take much more of the garbage that goes on in the center. Professionalism is lacking and the behavior of many reps is worse than school age children. It could almost be classified hostile at times. Management is running scared otherwise they would have promoted from within with many capable internal employees instead of hiring from outside. Sales Managers are also inconsistent in applying policies.There is also disregard and almost discrimination against "seasoned " workers who actually show up for work instead of slacking like the younger generation.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the ETWs and put everyone on the same level instead of an " us and them" culture in the sales center. Clean out the marketing department and hire a team that will drive calls into the center. Be consistent in the training and listen to a few suggestions from trainees instead of the L&D ruining everything. Also, try and figure why the QA lead has some much power in other areas that doesn't concern that area.

Senior IT manager

Current Employee - IT Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hewlett-Packard has great employees that possess integrity

Cons

Upper management has no strategic plan

Advice to Management

Build a plan, execute the plan

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard