There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Stuff of legend

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Legendary company, legendary founders, and if you get to work with the original blue employees - you actually get a glimpse of the original HP.

Cons

It's now more about shareholder value than employees. Employees are getting burned out at the increased workload (from layoffs), psychological impact of losing colleages (from layoffs), years of pay freeze, and lack of promotional opportunities.

Stop paying lip service to VoW results.

reviews filtered by

Neutral - there's good and Bad

Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility, respect i am given by my boss, the autonomy to manage and set goals for my people, work life balance is tough at the minute but i own it and am supported. Great colleagues and willingness from people to do the right thing

Cons

Very top down approach, people are more worried about how things look than the substance of what they do.
    Some of the "old" spirit of the HP way is gone - but we live in a new world today.

need to get back to some of the core values of the organisation - don't spin things if they are bad its better to give it straight - people can take it!

Former Software Engineer

Former Employee - QA Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and flexible working schedule

Cons

Right now it is struggling and you never know when the next layoff is since they've been doing so many. Morale is really low but depending on which group you are in.

Next time you do 10% pay cut you should apply that to your bonuses also... 10% pay company-wide is fine but when your base salary is 250k and you make millions in bonuses that is not calculated in the pay cuts is unfair

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard