Hewlett-Packard

Stay Away!!!!

Current Employee - Technology Consultant II
Current Employee - Technology Consultant II

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Competent group of fellow employees in the field.

Cons

Expect to be paid between 25-50% below market value. If you've read the Forbles article written about how the CEO has no cares about making the employees feel like they're in a sweat shop.
You get 2 weeks of PTO, which they make you take every Christmas, so really you can't take a vacation. People are being promoted, but no pay increases.

Treat people fairly and you will be amazed at what they can do.

9034 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Working with several different projects, leading the teams

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good company to work, good technology, good environment to work, probably people are the best thing into HP.
    This company cares about world environment and ethics.

Cons

Low salaries, few or none opportunity to job rotations across countries.
    Promotion is always offered outside, if you want to be promoted into HP you must be outside HP

Its is important give opportunity to base pyramid employees to grow, specially because we have very good people that deserve an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge.
    Give opportunity to job rotation across counties is a key point for it.

So much for being told "you have nothing to fear if you are a top performer" as we were being swallowed up

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

At least I have a job.... My immediate co-workers (what is left of them) are all high caliber, great people to work with.

Cons

I cannot believe how HP management has treated its acquired IT workforce. As an IT developer, I had a very long record of documented, excellent performance reviews, a long list of successful projects and an excellent reputation at my old company. At the old company, we all had job codes (e.g., analyst, specialist, architect, etc.) but there was little, if any, correlation between a person's job code and the person's actual project assignments, responsibilities and compensation. Therefore little thought was given to one's official job code. HP totally disregarded this reality and, without seeking any input from an employee's previous management, remapped very many employees to inappropriate and very insulting job codes (with decimation of pay). We were told the promotion process was frozen for 7 months where upon employee's could attempt to address the miss-assignments. It has been 10 months and still no word.

You have a very serious morale problem to address. When the economy improves, how can you hope to retain the skilled workforce that you have been abusing?

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard