Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Good company for management career.

Current Employee - Account Service Manager  in  Cernusco sul Naviglio (Italy)
Current Employee - Account Service Manager in Cernusco sul Naviglio (Italy)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Very dynamic company with an eye on personal relationships. Performance driven and business oriented: great place to have it on your curricula.

Cons

When there are problems the first cut are for technical consultants: no trainings, no benefits, no bonuses, while the high management take metirs for making margins.
Not a good place for good salaries: technical skills are not considered a quality.

Leadership management should learn more about company products and services rather than company business. Cost cutting is not the right way to take the bonus at the end of the year.

8800 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

It is a good place to work but, , ,

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Excellent benefits, provides professional employees with a lot of autonomy and responsibility.

Cons

You are one of over 220,000 employees world-wide. The personal touch with your upper leadership is no longer possible. Leadership used to put the extra efforts to support top performing employees, not they are a bit gun shy to tip the cart by supporting long-time top performers.

There are many opportunities within the company left unfilled, people managers need to do a better job of protecting their good employees. Sr. leadership needs to allow organizations to move people from one org to another without using WFAs. Give the employee the option of knowing the opportunitity is a short-term option and the emplyee needs to continue to fine a more permenent offer within.

Former Employee - Lab Assistant
    Former Employee - Lab Assistant

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

You can learn alot from other people if you are starting out.
    Nice campus to work.
    Good cafeteria food.

Cons

When I was working there I was not informed of what was happening because I was a temp. There was a huge disconnect between management and me because alot of things the rest of the team was working on were confidential to me yet I was expected to know what was happening somehow!
    My pay was low due to being highered on by a temp agency.
    My biggest problem was that I did not have any clear boss I had a group of people that wanted me to assist them with projects.

Companies should invest in their employees and now it seems like companies don't care about people and just need bodies to fill positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!