Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

HP doesn't respect their employees by any means

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Great people to work with. Hours are great. 4 weeks vacation only becuase of grand father clause from when we were still EDS. Opportunity to move up if your willing to not get paid for the position you are in. Benefits aren't to bad if your willing to pay out of your pocket.

Cons

i have been an operations manager with a top performance rating now for over 18 months and was "promised" that my salary would be brought up to the minimum of the range before i took the job.
Now 18 months in still no raise. i have had the carrot dangled infront of me over and over saying it will happen soon but still nothing. I was told that there is no funds available yet quarterly review showed HP making billions in revenew. As well they can hire someone off the street and put them in the range but they will not put employees who have moved up in the company where they should be. Pay for performance is their motto yet they do not hold true to that by any means.

If you want your top performers to stick around. pay them what they should be making

9738 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Mark has to go!

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good experience that is usefull when applying at other companies,

Cons

No salary increase, no training, no benefits, can't buy anything, travel approval is a convoluted mess. Avoid this company and its increasingly mediocre products. Even Carly F was way better than "Mark slash 'n' burn' Hurd.

Step down!

Stay Away!!!!

Current Employee - Technology Consultant II
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant II

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Competent group of fellow employees in the field.

Cons

Expect to be paid between 25-50% below market value. If you've read the Forbles article written about how the CEO has no cares about making the employees feel like they're in a sweat shop.
    You get 2 weeks of PTO, which they make you take every Christmas, so really you can't take a vacation. People are being promoted, but no pay increases.

Treat people fairly and you will be amazed at what they can do.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard