Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Management is still king, not so much for the workforce.

ProsLocal management good and tries hard to do treat people as more than a revenue generator. As an acquired EDS employee, HP has potential for growth if you can be recognized.

ConsNo raises, increased health insurance shared portion, career advancement difficult for average employee. Value of the individual seems to be fading, replaced by a push for corporate profits, reduced headcounts, and quick results. EDS and HP proud cultures are gone, replaced by politics and survival tactics. Top management talks much about ethics while cutting employee wages and realizing huge bonuses. No longer a good place to work and hear the implied message, "we are lucky to have a job here". Focus on moving as many jobs out of the U.S. as is possible and as quickly as can be implemented. Other country wages are less and this contributes to bottom line. No loyalty for those who have worked years, many extra hours, bled for the company, only quick term profits and race to be number one. Focus on new sales overriding ability to meet new challenges. Get business, promise solutions, figure it all out later without the human resources needed to complete the task. Overwork the remaining legions, replace the bodies as they fall.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake stock of intellectual talent onshore. Restructure pay at the top and share the wealth to all the corporation, not just the top 10% who can direct the compensation into their own pockets.. Leadership includes taking care of the employee as well as the customer and stockholder. They are not mutually exclusive. Remember both HP, Compac, 3Com, EDS, and all the other absorbed companies. Just as the U.S. is a melting pot of citizens, so is HP, reaping the benefits of a diverse and formally motivated workforce.

Endurance race!

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: Great work-life balance if you're not the front of a business. HP is a brand that will really impress in my CV. When you're lucky… Cons: - Outsourcing jobs is a way of life - Let me describe Hurd's management style: You pressure as much as you can, till the employee/division gets… Advice to Senior Management: Remember what makes great companies, innovation!!! Look at Apple, they may not excel in every department but at least they're trying and winning; I can't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

in a niche business unit for telecoms market

Presales (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: Good camaraderie between colleagues in own team Flexible work/life balance Great brand recognition, and lots of experience in the field Many experts to… Cons: Benefits package fairly basic Salary under market rate and drastic cuts have been applied Delivery org hold all the power, sales are a small fish Red tape, Red… Advice to Senior Management: Take heed of smaller business units which can provide very high profit margins - not only flogging tin and ink. Take heed of the cuts… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!