Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

It's your reality that's bad, it's the unreality - that's my take on Mark Hurd's leadership anyway.

Pros- People in general are pretty easy going and knowledgeable, especially the few old-time employees that still remain
- Flexible work hours, great if you have a big side-hobby or outside of work project. I was able to get some finance certification on a side fairly easily while working.

Cons- Prior to great recession there was a higher willingness to help between people, lower morale now. The company is promising to improve reward and recognition but nothing tangible yet.
- Do not expect any raises/job security
- No immediate benefits for learning and becoming an expert in an area, maybe job security but don't count on it.
- Paraphrasing the words of Dilbert's creator and the title of this review - Hurd's leadership consists of convincing employees that they are selfish for anything they get and it's totally ok for him to get 40 million bonuses. I have stopped listening to anything he says about 2 years ago.
- Benchmarking has made HP an average company it many respects
- Large employee turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been cutting costs in the organization ruthlessly in order to free up capital for acquisitons of outside companies. Turn around and take a look at what you've done to the core.

One of the biggest IT companies but one of the best?

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: Good benefit and vacation package, a lot of discounts offered for a variety of businesses. Opportunities to work around… Cons: Compensation is slim, bonuses is slim, maybe its because of the… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to your most valuable asset, the employee, you can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Enjoy being abused? You'll love HP!

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: Better than standing in an unemployment line or soup kitchen. Humor distributed daily by Mark… Cons: HP has no vision, it's a conglomeration of tech acquisitions designed to make Mark Hurd appear to be a "Mover and a Shaker", apparently he… Advice to Senior Management: Investors, dump the BoD, dump Hurd, gain someone with vision who can think beyond being a carbon copy of Carly Fiorina or Chainsaw Al… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!