Hewlett-Packard

  www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

5 people found this helpful  

Enjoy being abused? You'll love HP!

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Career Opportunities
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Better than standing in an unemployment line or soup kitchen. Humor distributed daily by Mark Hurd, every time he says "Pay for Performance" everyone breaks out in gut cramping laughter.

Cons

HP has no vision, it's a conglomeration of tech acquisitions designed to make Mark Hurd appear to be a "Mover and a Shaker", apparently he plans to run for Senator of California some day. HP's exec mgmt is extremely short sighted, there is no investment in R&D, it's all about selling non-existent functionality, having the customer fund a mad rush to deliver and move on to the next mess for less. The massive pay cuts forced on EDS' best and brightest are manifesting themselves in horribly negative ways that will soon become apparent.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Investors, dump the BoD, dump Hurd, gain someone with vision who can think beyond being a carbon copy of Carly Fiorina or Chainsaw Al Dunlap. HP's future value is being eroded underneath your noses, but you'll be long gone when the corporate body bloats and begins to stink.

Doesn't Recommend

9491 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1. 2 people found this helpful  

    Will things really change?

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Córdoba (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Córdoba (Argentina)

    I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

    Pros

    Promise of no freeze
    Work from home
    Good health coverage

    Cons

    Ruthless CEOs
    Bad training system
    Very unproportionally distributed salaries

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Got to listen to the employees more seriously when they are shouting to be heard. Last years decision made you lost valuable people, hence loose quality in delivery, and customers don't forget easily.

  2. 4 people found this helpful  

    I thought slavery was illegal?

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant

    I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

    Pros

    Just the same as everyone posts here- I work from home, but too bad I never see my family though I live in the same house. Free ink. The benefits are decent, but I have had better.

    Cons

    -Company so wants to grow the bottom line, they lay off 75% of your team, and expect the other 25% to pick up the pieces. Business picked up over 1/3rd in my division, yet here I am slaving away with the other few pitiful people in my group. Yes, I stopped feeling "lucky" to have a job!
    -HP believes they can classify you as exempt and then work you 24/7. Complain when you want an hour or so to yourself.
    -Zero work/life balance. What kind of work/life balance means working 14 to 16 hours every day?
    -Great volunteer opportunities and Web MD programs that I'd like to take advantage of, but never have the time to do it.
    -Your team, if members get replaced, come from India. These guys wouldn't know a data base or a switch if it slapped them in the face.
    -PMs from distant lands can't understand the broken English of other people on the project team who are from different distant lands. Project meeting that could be done in 15 minutes takes an hour, but at least we are saving money!
    -Management responsibility on your shoulders. What your manager is doing? Not helping you out any.
    -Reactive management style, and incapable middle management.
    -Disconnect between what executives think you can do and workers know they can do is a chasm larger than the Grand Canyon .
    -Management that cusses you out and threatens you.
    -No compensation or reward packages.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Hey Herd. I have offers coming in from other companies to work for them at twice your going rate. When I l decide which one to go to, my account will not have the knowledge or staff capable of performing the required services. The role I play is a big one, and the knowledge and experience you will lose will be huge.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Disapproves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Work at Hewlett-Packard? Share Your Experiences

Hewlett-Packard

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.