Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Feel more like a number than an individual contributor.

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

You have brand recognition of a worldwide company and that can get you in the door on certain sales opportunities.

Cons

You are not always treated fairly and there isn't a lot of recognition. In a company this big, you are a number and not always treated the best in my opinion.

Know how to do the job of the people you are leading/managing. If you can do the job, you're more likely to be supportive and understanding of frustrations and day to day operations.

9451 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

I thought slavery was illegal?

Current Employee - Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Just the same as everyone posts here- I work from home, but too bad I never see my family though I live in the same house. Free ink. The benefits are decent, but I have had better.

Cons

-Company so wants to grow the bottom line, they lay off 75% of your team, and expect the other 25% to pick up the pieces. Business picked up over 1/3rd in my division, yet here I am slaving away with the other few pitiful people in my group. Yes, I stopped feeling "lucky" to have a job!
    -HP believes they can classify you as exempt and then work you 24/7. Complain when you want an hour or so to yourself.
    -Zero work/life balance. What kind of work/life balance means working 14 to 16 hours every day?
    -Great volunteer opportunities and Web MD programs that I'd like to take advantage of, but never have the time to do it.
    -Your team, if members get replaced, come from India. These guys wouldn't know a data base or a switch if it slapped them in the face.
    -PMs from distant lands can't understand the broken English of other people on the project team who are from different distant lands. Project meeting that could be done in 15 minutes takes an hour, but at least we are saving money!
    -Management responsibility on your shoulders. What your manager is doing? Not helping you out any.
    -Reactive management style, and incapable middle management.
    -Disconnect between what executives think you can do and workers know they can do is a chasm larger than the Grand Canyon .
    -Management that cusses you out and threatens you.
    -No compensation or reward packages.

Hey Herd. I have offers coming in from other companies to work for them at twice your going rate. When I l decide which one to go to, my account will not have the knowledge or staff capable of performing the required services. The role I play is a big one, and the knowledge and experience you will lose will be huge.

Tough to survive Now

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

There are none anymore, Its a tough place to be an individual contributor or lower level manger as I am. Its impossible to be an advocate for your employees anymore.

Cons

i HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH RITE SIZING AND RITE SKILLING PROJECTS, iT REALLY MEANS FIRE THE OLDER EXPERIENCED GUYS THAT ARE MAKING TO MUCH MONEY.

STOP, ITS TIME TO INVEST IN PEOPLE WITH REAL PROGRAMS AND OPPORTUNITIES. You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still apig.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard