Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Technical Support Representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

There is a wide variety of different technologies that we are able to use and experience that help us to expand our knowledge in the IT industry. There are many extremely knowledgeable people employed by HP that are excellent resources and give a definite advantage to the clients.

Cons

Salaries are not fairly handled when an existing company is acquired by HP. Many employees of 20+ years had their salaries cut in half after the EDS acquisition. A large number of people are currently paid at least 20% below the current market salary for their jobs.

Taking care of the employees should be top priority. When employees are happy, they are productive. If you want to pull the company out of a recession, you have to pay the employees what they are worth.

Other reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Resources can be an issue

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Lots of resources if you are on a hot project. If you aren't then you may be stuck with figuring out how to get work done without access to the best tools.

Cons

If you aren't on the hot project then figure out how to get there. If you aren't on the current favorite then obviously your project doesn't get as much attention.

Spend the money on the best tools because if you don't then the engineers will figure the project isn't that important.

I would love to show my gold qaulities with Hewlett-Packard directly

Former Employee - Contract Administrator  in  Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Contract Administrator in Roseville, CA

Pros

Anyone would be proud to work at Hewlett-Packard but make sure its directl management and not sub-contractor.

Cons

Pay raise extinct and always described to us as none-existent at our group yearly review meetings.

Exterminate sub-contracted management and handle all employees directly.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!