Hexaware Technologies

www.hexaware.com

Good company to work with but...

Technical Architect (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsPros: Location, Infrastructure, Profile, Projects, People
Let me explain each of the points.

Location: This is relative to where you stay. I travel to mahape from CST, which is 39 kms. But, mahape is well connected compare to andheri, mindspace malad, and some weird places in Thane.
I mean, I use to travel from CST to Thane, and Thane to Ghansoli. At Ghansoli, there use to be Auto rickshaw queue which would have share a auto service and drop me to MBP gate for Rs. 10. (There would be another 500 meters walk to company gate from there, but never mind) That's convenient than searching Auto ric at anderi for SEEPZ. If you ever travel to SEEPZ in peak hours, you would know, what I meant.

Infrastructure: Compare to other mid-tier company, infrastructure seems to be good at Mumbai facility (Chennai, Pune, no idea). They have 3 building in Mhape, good amount of parking, greenery, conference rooms decently equip with WORKING projector, polycom, two large space canteen at terrace of building, food seems to be decent, esp in Building 152.

Company Profile: It mid-size company, it has clients in financial service (asset management, index management, insurance) , travel, health care. It has few accounts (100+ people for one client) like iSOS, E&Y, Jet Airways to name few. Technology range in JAVA, .NET, BI, EagleData, legacy (MainFrame, VB 6, PB, Delphi, Coldfusion, etc). Technology front, its overall better mix of everything, and not as spread out as TCS or Infy. Mainly, like any other 5000+ company, major revenue comes from maintenance, and this company doesn't put exception. It doesn't have guts for venturing in new areas, high risk fixed bid projects.Whatever is current business model they have, it's working for them. If you join the company, it most like, you would be in maintenance project, very few greenfield projects.

Projects: This is mid size company, there are certain high pressure projects and many relax maintenance project. Inquire from the acquaints(friends, distance relative, etc.) who are working in the company to know, if account which you are joining is high pressure or relax. High pressure account have fix deadlines, and hence need to work 10+ hours a day plus Saturday and Sunday for a month stretch.

HR Policy and perks: At my time, this company has less variable pay (mostly, below 5-10% for developers base on level) and is paid out very QUARTERLY. Better than other companies which roll out yearly. Plus, variable pay is base on company and market, so chances are you get full (unless, recession is going on). Inquire your with HR, as HR policies always changes with time. There is allowance for second swift, and plus you can claim reimbursement for cabs, food if you do late sitting. Reimbursement depends on your manager, he is the one you have to approve it, but, there is provision in HR policy.

People: It's my opinion, as most interaction where base on the group which I was working with, and not with each and every one in company, remember, its 5000+ people company) I found people to be generally good, curtsied, help you in most situations (not every!!!), and fair amount of intellectual being.

ConsNow, it part for cons.
Look, no company is perfect. It's you are able to adjust and compromise with the cons of the company, you would find the perfect match in terms of career.

Infrastructure, HR policy, personal growth, Onsite opportunity

Infrastructure: Here, the bad part of Infrastructure. Number of conference rooms is not adequate, need to use manager cabins for flash meetings, booking for conf. room was manual from reception, no booking management system, interiors of building 152 was better compare to building 3. Esp. chairs in building 3 are old and shaky.
Networking guys (STG) have all weirdo policy with half of the internet blocked. For admin rights, there is long procedure, for laptop acquisition, 2 months wait, to get one server machine, long fight, you get me, right?

HR Policy: At my time, there was just 5 public holiday compare to standard 10, plus 24 leaves. 3 months notice period and if you relieve early (again, relieving early depends on your manager), you need to pay for the rest of period as basic of your salary. (again, notice payout depends on your manager, you can relieve early for free too!). HR never interacts except for joining and appraisal. Mine, first appraisal happen after 1 and half year instead of as promise one year on joining.
Also, don't be fool with the designation, there they have weirdo designation irrespective to role you play. E.g. Project Manager would have Sr.Technical Architect designation, but have no gyaan w.r.t. technology.

Personal growth: Personal growth depends upon your performance and company performance. Here, if you are performing, but company isn't, you won't grow much high. It's a mid-size company, and much of the things is settle over here, so, things may not change as you wish after joining. Live with it. It means, standard rules apply like promotion every (2-3 year), somewhere around 7-10% increment ...

Onsite opportunity: If you are searching for onsite, better, ask the PM in interview, as every project doesn't have onsite opportunity and certain people stick in onsite like glue and your chance are dime. Only few project have shuffle policy, where everyone gets the chance.

But with all the Cons, let me summarize this. Here in this company, there are good amount of people in Hexaware, which have stayed within the company for 5+ year plus, and there are other like me, which stayed just 2 year. (I switch for my personal reason, not because of company)

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management, keep your stake high, as Barring Asia people would be complying you for the superlative growth in current market and economy.
As for the employee welfare, continue to do whatever you are going currently, as senior management aren't going to heed GlassDoor review advises.

Employee Friendly

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Enough Training Timely promotions Good Management Good Food Cons: Extended working hours Less no. of paid Hoildays Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company for freshers

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Many good projects. Very good healthcare plans. Lots of onsite… Cons: Worst managers. Below average onsite salary. Advice to Senior Management: Identify useless managers and fire them off. Rest all assured. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hexaware Technologies.

Worked for Hexaware Technologies? Contribute to the Community!