There are newer employer reviews for Hibbett Sports

Part-time help with a low-income and no benefits.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in York, SC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in York, SC

I have been working at Hibbett Sports

Pros

Easy work without too many physical requirements. Also, great discount on apparel and shoes within the store, but only when the general manager is there.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, poor management, no advancement opportunities worth taking advantage of, even worse development programs for management to go through.

Advice to Management

Advance and develop your store managers in a way to accompany what actually goes on within the store, not on what you want to happen as a franchise.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. For the most part, a plesant place to work

Former Employee - Store Manager in Pittsburg, KS
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Pittsburg, KS

I worked at Hibbett Sports

Pros

The employee discount is great. Being able to buy stuff on sale for a discount is rewarding. Helping customers find the right products is very rewarding.

Cons

The hours of a manager are a little extreme. The bonuses are hard to achieve. Lots of product fit into a very small sales area is very challenging to arrange.

Hibbett Sports Pay Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Hibbett Sports

Pros

Benefits but other than that none.

Cons

I was offered a job at Hibbett Sports as I had years of retail experience under my belt. I thought that because of this they would offer me around 8.00-9.00 an hour. Keeping in mind that I know from friends that Dicks Sporting Goods in my area starts off at 8.25 and Sports Authority a little higher with experience. Hibbett only wanted to pay me minimum wage and refused to negotiate. They should of told me this during the interview instead of waiting until they decided to hire me as I thought they were going to pay me the amount I put on my application. He said 8.00 is around how much the assistant mangers get paid and if that is so I feel so bad for them cause they are being robbed. Retail is hard and no one in retail should make only minimum wage. That is wrong and shame on Hibbetts.

Advice to Management

Value your employees in that they are the ones who retain customers and stop paying them so cheap. Paying your employees such a low wage does not motivate them to do their job. Poor motivation leads to slacking and slacking leads to less customers and less customers leads to Hibbetts going bankrubt. Look at Circuit City and Goody's Family Clothing.