There are newer employer reviews for Hickory Farms

Great seasonal sales job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Hickory Farms full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun and exciting seasonal position

Cons

The job is only seasonal

Keep up the great work.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Hickory Farms (View Most Recent)

Disorganized, No Support from Management

Former Employee - Store Team Leader  in  Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Store Team Leader in Rochester, MN

I worked at Hickory Farms part-time for less than a year

Pros

I got to try some great tasting food and loved it as I really like cheese. The compensation was ok for the job duration.

Cons

Where do I begin? I was hired as the Store Team Leader and told that I was going to lead a good team; some with prior experience. Little did I know that a number of them where a clique, even the RM. This ultimately led to my downfall as my back was against the wall from the beginning. I was demoted by my RM because apparently, "EVERYONE" was complaining about the schedule and not knowing when they worked. Well, in my defense, about half of my co-workers never knew for sure what their availability were and so I had permission to work on it with another more experienced person who had been the STL before. Naturally, with this type of job, we had some issues with people not showing up on time or at all. I had received a call this past Monday from my RM about wanting to meet to talk. She didn't say what and I didn't ask, but I knew it wouldn't be good. By the time we met later that evening, I had already made my decision, but was going to base it on what transpired. I was offered to just be an associate, but decided to save my sanity (I'm finishing up finals as we speak) and politely declined. My RM was all teary-eyed and sad to have been pressured from higher ups to demote me, but I knew there was most likely a certain individual involved in this decision as well. I know it's a very short-term job, but to be demoted over scheduling when things were just getting organized in time for the holiday rush? Ridiculous! There had to be more to it.

Please do better homework instead of making snap judgements. Also, why in the world does Hickory Farms not offer any great deals, especially on Black Friday? Spend $50 and receive a free tote bag or the daily buy two items, get a $1 off...whoopie. People are looking for deals around the holidays. Yes the product is great and basically sells itself, but our kiosk could have actually reached the sales goals if we ran normal store deals, like buy 2, get one free. I'm sure it will pick up in the next week, but still.

Interesting, but never again

Former Employee - Store Team Leader  in  Clarence, NY
    Former Employee - Store Team Leader in Clarence, NY

I worked at Hickory Farms full-time for less than a year

Pros

Independence as a Store Team Leader, discounts, opportunity for interaction with the public

Cons

Long hours, high turnover, low pay for associates (not terrible for Store Team Leaders), unrealistic sales goals

Better hiring practices to ensure more than 4 employees to staff a kiosk for the entire season, set more realistic sales goals for each kiosk individually

There are newer employer reviews for Hickory Farms

Worked for Hickory Farms? Contribute to the Community!