Higher One
www.higherone.com New Haven, CT 500 to 999 Employees

Outstanding!

Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee)
New Haven, CT

I have been working at Higher One part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey offer the most extensive and ongoing training that I have ever received. They keep the employees abreast of all regulations, changes, and company information. The culture, benefits, and overall work environment are incredible.

ConsIt can be challenging when dealing with people who are upset about a situation. While you must hear the brunt of their anger, it is rewarding to find solutions for them. It took a long time to become a permanent employee and after two and a half years I am still only part time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a method to advance personnel quicker and offer more time to those who have remained loyal.

Good Company, Growing Fast

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Higher One full-time for more than a year

Pros: Beer Cart Friday's, Free Lunch 3 days a week, Recognition… Cons: Health benefits are quite poor for certain employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent place but still needs work internally

Analyst (Current Employee)
New Haven, CT

I have been working at Higher One full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Catered lunches so you don't have to worry about getting your own - Co-workers are great… Cons: - Once you put in your notice, the company treats you differently as if you're an outsider (even after you've put a lot of hard… Advice to Senior Management: Have internal checks and balances to combat any mismanagement No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Higher One.

Worked for Higher One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Higher One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Higher One CEO Mark Volchek. All reviews posted anonymously by Higher One employees.