Highgate Hotels

www.highgatecareers.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Highgate Hotels

Opportunity For Growth & Very Motivating!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Highgate Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

On-property as well as senior management is vastly knowledgeable; challenging work environment for those who want to flourish in their careers no matter what level; great portfolio of properties leading to dynamic communication of ideas/operations across several markets.

Cons

More training opportunities would be really beneficial - not necassarily mandatory training programs, but perhaps a selection for those who are interested in their own development.

It may be valuable to focus on training existing managers, as well as focus on a strategic recruiting effort for future acquisitions to develop and retain existing and new top talent. I love the cutting-edge approach and the outsdie-the-box thinking that trickles down from the corporate level. It is inspiring a I feel confident in Highgate's (and my) future.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Highgate Hotels (View Most Recent)

An extraordinary management company to work for! I would highly recommend this organization to anyone in hospitality.

Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at Highgate Hotels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic, successful, creative, and forward thinking organization. Highgate currently manages more hotel rooms in the NYC area than does any other management company. This gives you the ability to transfer and promote yourself amongst the other properties without changing your zip code. Highgate offers a extraordinary benefits package.

Cons

I can honestly say that I haven't encountered any negativety in my position with Highgate. I have no "cons" to speak to.

Toxic Corrupted Environment

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Highgate Hotels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you prefer collecting a check over collecting unemployment, work for this company.

Cons

Between arrogant (Mr. know it all GM), corrupted Director of HR, and dishonest controller, the property is basically under siege and not a single person from the corporate office is aware of how corrupted and toxic the whole place is. And no one in the property is able to confront the huge wave of corruption. Inequality is the least problem you could face when you work for Hyatt Arlington. The moment you object the corruption in the property, everyone will turn against you and it would be your word against the GM, controller, and HR, so you can imagine what would happen to anyone try to come clean or be a whistle blower.

Break the corrupted triangle (GM+D.O.F+D.O.HR) They are covering for each other and a lot of dirt is under the surface if anyone cares to dig deeper.

There are newer employer reviews for Highgate Hotels