There are newer employer reviews for Highland Capital

Depends on your personality, it could fit you or destroy you

Former Employee - Senior Investment Analyst  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Senior Investment Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Highland Capital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays relatively well, good benefits

Cons

lack of trust from management, mandated working hours (lower limits)

15 Other Employee Reviews for Highland Capital (View Most Recent)

Great company with attractive advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Highland Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Senior leadership is very strong and has positioned the company for growth. Wealth of advancement opportunities for those that seek them. Excellent benefits and pay. The culture is very strong; everyone is friendly and seems to really enjoy being at the firm and part of the industry.

Cons

The hours can be long; however, as mentioned in the "pros" section, you're compensated for the commitment.

Continue to do what you're doing!

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Highland Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of financial firms get a bad rap but Highland Capital Management is not your typical finance firm. Everything from the interview process to the culture is unique. The interview process was quick, efficient and painless. The Recruiting Manager was there every step of the way: from the initial call to signing my contract. Highland has a great culture: not everyone is always suited up and while it’s fast pace and everyone works hard, there is a laid back feel. Upper management has an open door policy. I have never worked at a firm where a Co-Founder takes the time to really know their employees. More importantly, there is access to incredible knowledge. I am a recent grad and new to the finance industry. Having the ability to learn from more experienced professionals and industry leaders in invaluable. The retail side of the business is growing exponentially, so there is definitely opportunity for career growth.

Cons

My only “con” is not really a con. While the work hours are long, the pay is great. In sales, you definitely see a direct correlation between how much you put in and how much you get out of it.

There are newer employer reviews for Highland Capital

Worked for Highland Capital? Contribute to the Community!