Hill Holliday

www.hhcc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Hill Holliday

Loved the company culture, but did not receive much work to do as an intern"

I worked at Hill Holliday

Pros

-great company culture
-hardworking people
-smart employees who love what they do

Cons

-It seemed like there were more intern projects for account mgmt interns than for interns in other departments

100 Other Employee Reviews for Hill Holliday (View Most Recent)

Unpaid busy work, in an unconnected company but a great name on my resume

Former Intern - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Hill Holliday as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Hill Holliday is undoubtedly a good name to have on your resume. Having it there will get your foot in the door at many places, and get your resume looked at it when it may not have been looked at otherwise.

Some of the other interns clearly enjoyed their experience, and worked on more engaging work.

Cons

The title says it all. I had an unpaid internship, and arguably an illegal internship. The general rule is that unpaid interns are supposed to have a strong learning experience. However, I often felt that i was simply doing the work that was too menial for my team to do on their own. A fellow intern and I often remarked (semi-jokingly, but with a bit of truth): "I don't know what they did before they took us on as interns. I can't imagine being stuck doing this type of menial work as a career."

In addition, the agency is large and spans multiple-floors, with most teams sitting in their own clusters and separated from other teams by walls/offices. This creates a culture in which I felt that many people were unconnected outside of their individual teams. I saw evidence of this during all-agency meetings when team members socialized in their own team clusters as well.

Also, for a major agency hiring 30+ unpaid interns, I was shocked that they wouldn't at least help with travel expenses.

Consider showing a little more appreciation for your interns and having a more fomal intern program. Help out a little bit with things like travel expenses. Include them in out-of-office activities (they were banned from going to a number of employee events). Make them feel more connected to the company.

Great Company but that doesn't extend down through all teams

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Hill Holliday full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership recognizes team accomplishments. IT team is in the midst of great change and should emerge a world class IT team. Company benefits are solid with some nice perks.

Cons

Particular members in the IT team are immature and feel it is ok to try and get their seniors fired. I quit and thereby became the 4th person in a row to fall because of their attitudes and backstabbing. Not the best paying organization among the rank and file.

Find the poor attitudes and correct them or release them. They will hold back your orgainization

There are newer employer reviews for Hill Holliday