There are newer employer reviews for Hill + Knowlton

Had some ups and downs but overall been treated very well/have been taken care of and invested in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hill + Knowlton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, client variety, opportunities to earn your place, sink or swim enviro. (if you don't invest in the job, the company will not invest in you), compensation is competitive but bonuses would be appreciated, PTO is generous

Cons

Communication from the top down needs improvement but it is getting better. I have been with the company for almost three years and when I joined we had just been through a merger which was not handled very well. The road has been rocky since but improvements are obvious, company is making a lot of investments in current talent and striving for improved communication internally which has been a longstanding issue.

Advice to Management

Keep plugging along - I am optimistic that in the near future H+K will be back at the absolute top; Continue to invest in the talent worth investing in; growth and leadership opportunities will be embraced by employees who truly wish to succeed. Worth noting: It would be widely appreciated if there were more opportunities to earn EOY bonuses.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great people at H+K!

I worked at Hill + Knowlton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After working for H+K for almost 5 years, my greatest praise for the company goes to its people -- they are BEST IN CLASS.

Cons

Work/life balance is not the best. In recent years, as people left the firm -- they weren't always replaced. This put quite a bit of additional strain on their already overworked staff. Compensation doesn't necessarily keep up with competition.

The worst place I've ever worked

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Hill + Knowlton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

International reach and network, interesting clients, okay salary, good benefits, a few very nice, competent people, recently, the company rebranded and has a new management team now, so it may be better now.

Cons

I worked on the healthcare team and everybody there, no matter what level, was miserable. It was an atmosphere of fear. People got fired all the time, just because the management thought it was good for morale to get of the worst-performing team members. The people were awful, very condescending and nobody worked there for long. The whole department was one revolving door.

Advice to Management

The management has to do a better job of creating a nurturing corporate culture. Less focus on getting the next, big client, and more focus on retention.