There are newer employer reviews for Hill-Rom

Loved this job and wish I never left it! The grass is rarely ever "greener on the other side".

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Account Manager in Charleston, SC

I worked at Hill-Rom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The products!!! I was always very proud of the products I represented and the name Hill-Rom, which stood for quality and service. I loved my Regional Manager and the corporate team in 2010. I worked with a talented group of sales account managers in my region that cared about the patients and customers they served on a daily basis.

Cons

The products!!! I know, I know, I said tha was a "Pro". They are superior products in comparison to all others out there and believe me, I spent 5 years in this field, I know my competition. The products were/are great therapy surfaces (especially the CLINITRON AIR FLUIDIZED bed) when they are working properly. As with most highly technological products, they do tend to require repair and as they age, the repairs are required more often. This was a burden on the Acct Mgr's, the service teams and most importantly our patients. I do wish some fleets woud be retired and the company would spend some money to replace the old and build more new. Leadership chages would be my second con with this company. I know CEO's change with the wind in companies this big, but unfortunately, with a CEO change often comes an entire chain of command change. This often results in reverting to restructuring sales forces, internal teams, etc... and often restructuring to processes that have been tried and failed in the past, but of course are new to the "NEW TEAM". Don't get me wrong. My "Pros" list could also be this long. I love the company and miss my old job terribly. So, I'd say that the last con for now is the fact that they are on a current hiring freeze.

Ask some of the folks that have been there a few years what has and has not worked in the past, then step outside the box and venture down a new path for a refreshing change. You can make this company a "TOP 100 PLACE TO WORK" with a little effort and effective listening to your sales and service teams. Best of luck!

77 Other Employee Reviews for Hill-Rom (View Most Recent)

Horrible

Current Employee - Tech  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Tech in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Hill-Rom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

decent vacation, good co workers

Cons

Difficult to move up in company as they will hire the least paid employee for any position to keep there budgets down. Medical benefits get more expensive but coverage is worse. Management does not give raises based on value of tech. A lazy tech and a hard working tech will get the same raise.

Do the right thing for your employees and drop all no compete contracts so we can go to work for a competitor.

Great Company

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at Hill-Rom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pretty good salary and benefits. Great management team and good place to work if you can handle lots of change.

Cons

Upper level management changes on a yearly basis making the work environment very uneasy. Be prepared to have a new CEO every 2 years or so.

There are newer employer reviews for Hill-Rom

Worked for Hill-Rom? Contribute to the Community!