Hillcrest Labs
www.hillcrestlabs.com Rockville, MD

A small company with interesting projects, smart engineers, and tight deadlines

Rockville, MD

I have been working at Hillcrest Labs

ProsInteresting and different work than is normally found in the DC area. The company has the largest concentration of smart engineers that I've ever worked with. Ego is not an issue, and most people are genuinely nice to be around.

ConsTight deadlines and changing priorities. Management tends to take engineering heroics for granted and pushes some people to burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't call Hillcrest Labs a startup any more. There should be some limit to the number of years that you can call yourself a startup. Six years is a long time to take to graduate.

Very interesting and exciting work, lots of work and aggressive schedules

I have been working at Hillcrest Labs full-time

Pros: Get to develop cutting edge technology, respected industry leader, innovative… Cons: Aggressive schedules, priorities shift a lot Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Strong management but lack of product strategy hurt future revenue

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hillcrest Labs full-time

Pros: Moving perfectly by order of CEO. Excellent engineering resources. Good… Cons: Strategic focus has been diverged and lack of foresight hurt a lot of potential business growth. Employee may not see their long-term career… Advice to Senior Management: Renew some of senior executives and put more engineering and research effort for strategic or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hillcrest Labs.

Worked for Hillcrest Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hillcrest Labs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hillcrest Labs CEO Dan Simpkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Hillcrest Labs employees.