There are newer employer reviews for Hilti USA

Best place for structured training

Former Employee - Director  in  Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Director in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hilti USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Training, market leading products, global culture

Cons

Not great for minorities, specially under current North American president. Promotions at executive level not based on performance in North America.

175 Other Employee Reviews for Hilti USA (View Most Recent)

Fun Job but became very micro managed

Former Employee - Account Manager I  in  Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager I in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Hilti USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training. Quality products. Mobiltiy and education is the key to advancement.

Cons

Too much rediculous paperwork regarding future goals etc rather than tools to help sell product.

Low skilled managers and low morale

Former Employee - Account Manager III  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager III in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Hilti USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many products are considered high quality compared to competitors. They finally got rid of Ford Transits and now have option for truck and large vans as vehicle options. Tool repair turnaround is 5-6 days. Good after-market services on most products.

Cons

For a sales company, Hilti has unusual management philosophies. The way salespeople are paid changes with the wind. Employees do not have a say on their targets. Targets and quotas magically appear with no qualitative or quantitative explanation or getting buy-in. You are told to just accept them and then they use them against you when you don’t achieve them. Senior management is arrogant and egotistical and never address the morale problem. Meetings and conference calls are quiet. Regional managers and sales people are frightened to speak up. It’s unnerving. What’s worse is that the division and regional managers I had knew very little about construction or Hilti products to be helpful to there salesmen. So me and my fellow salesmen just wondered around blindly.

Go back to basic on how to treat employees. Most employees have little respect for managers. Hilti has a potential to be a better company but the poor leaders that are in place will prevent the company from being a good place to work. I wish my former fellow employees the best.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilti USA

Worked for Hilti USA? Contribute to the Community!