Hilti USA

www.us.hilti.com
  www.us.hilti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hilti USA

If it wasn't for the benefits, i wouldn't have lasted this long!!

Current Employee - Base Market Account Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Base Market Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hilti USA

Pros

Great benefits: good vacation, personal days, great medical and dental. Good 401k, as well. I haven't seen other companies in the industry provide what hilti provides. Decent people.

Cons

Basically, it's a dead end job with crappy pay. No pay increases either.

Management isn't around, not that I need them around, but when they do show up they are counter-productive. They do not provide support nor do they develop their People. All talk and no action.

I've been with the company for a while and for a long time I gave them an honest chance but nothing changes except the faces. The results are always the same.

My advise is for management to go somewhere else. Too many of them lead by spreadsheets and have no idea what is going on in the trenches. Essentially this is a sales company but most of these managers wouldn't be able to sell a tool even if the price was $0. Incompetent and ineffective leadership must come to an end.

186 Other Employee Reviews for Hilti USA (View Most Recent)

Great Employer

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hilti USA

Pros

The culture of the company is great and you really feel proud to be part of it. The pay is okay and there are opportunities to advance.

Cons

In order to get promoted into a position that pays a bit more you have to be extremely open to move anywhere in the world, and to move without hesitation within a few weeks or so.

There is not much to say about the management. Any supervisor I came in contact with conducted themselves very professionally and treated the employees fairly.

Hilti lacks the vision to go from good to great!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hilti USA

Pros

Hilti has great products and commitment to innovation. Their products are the best in the industry. The overall talent in the organization is good especially in the technical disciplines.

Cons

Hilti has a very inflexible and short sided view of the world. Even thought they operate as a global company the leadership tends to be very closed minded towards new ideas and ways of conducting business. Clearly, the biggest struggle Hilti has in the development of leadership. They are not good at development of internal talent and are even worse at integrating talent from the outside. This is a company will loads of potential but is clearly lost on how to go from good to great.

The management at Hilti needs to develop a more customer focused approach to everything that they do. SAP is not designed to be a platform to develop a market or customer strategy. Also, the management needs to start to focus on developing leadership talent instead of ranking everyone without actions and programs for performance improvement. Anyone can rank and judge people a progressive organization will develop talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilti USA