There are newer employer reviews for Hilti USA

If it wasn't for the benefits, i wouldn't have lasted this long!!

Current Employee - Base Market Account Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Base Market Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hilti USA

Pros

Great benefits: good vacation, personal days, great medical and dental. Good 401k, as well. I haven't seen other companies in the industry provide what hilti provides. Decent people.

Cons

Basically, it's a dead end job with crappy pay. No pay increases either.

Management isn't around, not that I need them around, but when they do show up they are counter-productive. They do not provide support nor do they develop their People. All talk and no action.

I've been with the company for a while and for a long time I gave them an honest chance but nothing changes except the faces. The results are always the same.

Advice to Management

My advise is for management to go somewhere else. Too many of them lead by spreadsheets and have no idea what is going on in the trenches. Essentially this is a sales company but most of these managers wouldn't be able to sell a tool even if the price was $0. Incompetent and ineffective leadership must come to an end.

reviews filtered by

Great Employer

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hilti USA

Pros

The culture of the company is great and you really feel proud to be part of it. The pay is okay and there are opportunities to advance.

Cons

In order to get promoted into a position that pays a bit more you have to be extremely open to move anywhere in the world, and to move without hesitation within a few weeks or so.

Advice to Management

There is not much to say about the management. Any supervisor I came in contact with conducted themselves very professionally and treated the employees fairly.

2. Great Company!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilti USA

Pros

Great company! Best in the industry coming form experience!
    The pay is also the equal to, or best in the industry
    Private company!

Cons

SAP system is difficult to learn at the beginning, but I'm sure it will come over time, it has for everyone else!

Advice to Management

Good Job, maybe try to give more SAP training in BTS in order for employees to become acclimated with the process!