Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hilti USA

Pros

I work with great people. The organization has a strong culture and values orientation. There is plenty of opportunity for development if you are willing to be mobile.

Cons

An organization is only as good as the team members make it ... if you are committed to your job and do your best Hilti is a great place to work. If you are not interested in making a difference, don't work here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company with some challenges.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hilti USA

Pros

Excellent training, flexible schedule, company car, laptop, phone. Fun and fast paced work environment Many opportunities for advancement if you like to relocate. International company Competitive salary if properly negioated Tuition reimbursment

Cons

Usually required to move in order to advance along the organization Ever changing initiatives and pay plan Managment changes every 12-24 months

Advice to Management

High levels of attrition are a direct reflection of managment. It is important to ask why this is happening and anaylze how to improve the scenario

If it wasn't for the benefits, i wouldn't have lasted this long!!

Current Employee - Base Market Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Base Market Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hilti USA

Pros

Great benefits: good vacation, personal days, great medical and dental. Good 401k, as well. I haven't seen other companies in the industry provide what hilti provides. Decent people.

Cons

Basically, it's a dead end job with crappy pay. No pay increases either. Management isn't around, not that I need them around, but when they do show up they are counter-productive. They do not provide support nor do they develop their People. All talk and no action. I've been with the company for a while and for a long time I gave them an honest chance but nothing changes except the faces. The results are always the same.

Advice to Management

My advise is for management to go somewhere else. Too many of them lead by spreadsheets and have no idea what is going on in the trenches. Essentially this is a sales company but most of these managers wouldn't be able to sell a tool even if the price was $0. Incompetent and ineffective leadership must come to an end.