Hilton Grand Vacations

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations

Good Experience

Former Employee - Outbound Call Center Representative in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Outbound Call Center Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good income potential from commissions
Good working hours, only 36 hours per week for full time
Excellent product and name, Hilton

Cons

If you're not selling at certain levels you are out quickly
Monotouous work and not fulfilling, sitting at a computer monitor with a headset on.

None

124 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations (View Most Recent)

Best job I ever had !!!!!!!

Former Employee - Call Transfer Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Call Transfer Supervisor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I learned so much from my manager and my team. Great people.

Cons

There is nothing bad to say about Hilton.

Keep doing a great job.

Highest Turnover out there. One word, "Stressful"!

Former Employee - Vacation Advisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Vacation Advisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good. Your co-workers are very friendly. Decent hours (two shifts available).

Cons

I worked with Hilton for a long time and everything that I'm stating is for future employers benefits. I left for many factors, it just came to the point where I felt stuck and the stress really started to effect me. Even though the benefits are good, they put a lot of restrictions. For an example, you have highly discounted hotel stays with Hilton; yet you can't miss more than one day in 30 days. When you go into training they fill your head up with," your going to make a lot of money, they have the best leads, the main floor is where you want to be, just read the script you'll sell, etc." It's all lies they're just using you for the 30 deals they can get out of you before your burned out. Once you leave your probation period of 90-180 days, your using their insurance so they are very critical of every move you make. This whole idea of "no cold calling" is false, most people you reach on the phone don't even know what "Hilton" is. Yes, there is a small ratio of "Hilton Honor Members", but we live in a modern society where nobody wants to buy something over the phone. You reach people in the middle of their work, hospitals, schools and doctor's offices, etc. It can be really awkward when you reach people in the strangest moments and they're cursing you out for trying to sell them a "highly discounted" vacation. Management is constantly, "literally" breathing down your neck. Lasting at this job for more than the probation period is very rare and is considered being at the job for a long time. When you get to the main floor look around you notice a lot of people are very sick. You'll meet people with high blood pressure, heart problems, breathing problems, etc. Most is due to the stress of the job, some people will even admit it to you if you ask. There are sale requirements that you have to meet, if you don't your introduced to the "write up system" which can lead to termination. There's no such thing of a bad day, or sick days. Management controls the leads, remember that and don't even think about a promotion. Most people are honest and will tell you the job isn't easy yet there are others who keep on telling themselves it's a great job to just keep holding on another day. Bottom line the job has a lot of pressure and is very stressful. I hope the best for the current employers and the future.

We're human beings, encourage us and don't falsify information about the job.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations