Hilton Grand Vacations

Great company - Lots of issues

Current Employee - Inside Sales- Owner Team  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Inside Sales- Owner Team in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hilton as a company treats its employees well, but on the Grand Vacations side there are some problems with the way the business is organized.

Cons

Getting commission payments can take months.

The fake end-of-month rush is ridiculous. Spread that sales enthusiasm throughout the month.

121 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations (View Most Recent)

Bad Management in Sales

Former Employee - Sales Administrative  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Administrative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of parties and employee recognition. Got to listen to great music trying while the sales team tried to make sales to keep them up.

Cons

Bad management who only focuses on sales people. I worked as an admin and I got hired and honestly had no idea what I needed to do. There was no real direction, there was no training given. I did what I was told and never knew why, which makes a job hard when you don't know why you're doing something. The manager was really only concerned with the sales people.

Please get the admin people working within the sales team trained correctly

It's a job

Current Employee - Vacation Advisor  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Vacation Advisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a good place to work if:
    1) you have been out of work for a long time.
    2) You are venturing into the workforce for the first time or are a recent college graduate.
    3) You want to expand your sales resume to include cold-calling.

It's kinda like being on vacation working at Hilton Grand Vacations. Music playing overhead, people dancing in their cubicles,the day is only six hours long, they have contests, there is some nice eye candy walking around, Supervisors are nice and positive.

But.....

Cons

Most people don't last more than 30 days here.

Unless you are really good, really lucky or really pretty & flirty to the supervisors you probably won't make a lot of money here. It's a tough gig.

Do the best you can and get your Doctor, dentist and eye exam appointments set for your 91st day and then start looking for something else. Maybe even use the travel benefits once or twice before leaving.

Program the computer not to a call any number more than once or twice a week. Hilton Honor members and past stay guest get tired of being called 3 or 4 times a day.

Put a callback button on the computer screen. There are some consumers who actually are fired up about the trips - but it's not payday, or they just got back from a trip.

Simplify the commission structure, especially the VPG. How bout giving the "vacation counselors" a 5% slice off of any timeshare sale regardless of tours, occurances, total monthly sales. Keep It Simple, Stupid! People tire of not knowing what their paychecks are gonna look like month to month - that's why I'm leaving soon.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations

Worked for Hilton Grand Vacations? Contribute to the Community!