Hilton Grand Vacations

Maintenance engineering

Current Employee - Tech II Engineer  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Tech II Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Atmosphere work on all types of equipment

Cons

Don't know what you're going to be doing that day

Keep up the good work

121 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations (View Most Recent)

Im new but I really enjoy the good vibes and how welcoming everyone is, that is always great when joining a new company.

Current Employee - Lifeguard  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Lifeguard in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

I choose the hilton because of its beautiful lobby. Also as far as I can tell everyone is always in good spirits at work. They had a hands on 2 day orientation.. long but I enjoyed myself. And the hilton discount is one of the reasons I choose the hilton over other hotels in vegas because you can use it anywhere outside 50 miles its convenient.

Cons

Dont know to many cons yet the paid time off policy is kind of confusing but all good so far.

The day I left, I did a happy dance!

Former Employee - Customer Care  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are decent--admittedly, better than my current job. And of course it's great to get the discount on travel. (Though of course you don't really make enough money to afford to travel anywhere that isn't semi-local..)

Cons

I feel like a lot (not all) of the timeshare sales are slimy. The sales reps are taught how to get the sales using pressure tactics. As a customer service agent, I experienced a LOT of customers calling in with buyer's remorse, saying they felt pressured into buying their vacation. The sales reps don't care if the customers ultimately cancel because they get the commission no matter what once they close the sale. And who was left to clean up the mess? Customer care. It was miserable! Also, we had daily meetings where management advised of us changes and welcomed "suggestions". These suggestions were never truly listened to and changes never made to correct ongoing problems. From what I hear from the people that still work there, it's still a nightmare..

Listen!!! Listen to the employees. The suggestions being made are not only to help them do their jobs better, but will actually improve the customer service that can be given. During the 2 years I worked there, I was very much under the impression that the company cares ultimately much more about the money they can extract from the customers rather than about TRUE customer care and customer satisfaction. It's a shame that the HGVC side of Hilton mars the Hilton brand the way they do..

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations

Worked for Hilton Grand Vacations? Contribute to the Community!