Hilton Worldwide

www.hiltonworldwide.com
  www.hiltonworldwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Great place to work, every where you go there are downfalls.

Current Employee - Front Desk Manager in Somerset, PA
Current Employee - Front Desk Manager in Somerset, PA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

The people you deal with daily are usually very pleasant to be around. Dealing with the people I deal with make going to my job worthwile. My coworkers are wonderful, they are almost always very great to work with. We all have a lot of fun together.

Cons

There is a lot of poor communication amongst many of the employees that work there.

Take more time to acknowlege the things that the staff do each and every day. Make people feel that they are needed and that they are doing a good job.

808 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Totally disgusted.

Current Employee - Restaurant Server and Bartender. in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Restaurant Server and Bartender. in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Hotel discounts were nice when you could use them.

Cons

The management is uninvolved. Labor and health issues in kitchen and throughout hotel. Mold is a huge issue due to multiple leaks in roof. Kitchen is not cooled. Workers suffer heat stroke and constantly sweat into food being served. Cooks eat while cooking and smoke often without washing hands. Major cleanliness issues; check any health inspection. Gross.

Listen to what your employees are telling you. Sexual Harrassment, verbal abuse! Should never be tolerated.

Blackstone runs off every loyal, long-term employee as it SUCCESSFULLY runs Hilton Hotels into the ground...Great job!

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Since the acquisition of Hilton by Blackstone, it's hard to remember the best reasons for working at Hilton. This company used to be very progressive and always had an open door policy. Outside of the recent changes, one of the biggest reasons i've remained at Hilton over the years was the ability to advance. Hilton usually will hire from within when jobs are available before they start looking outside the company. I feel like Hilton has been great for providing their employees with a great training ground and allowing you to get personal training in your current profession. The best reason of course is the huge discounts on hotel stays.

Cons

The downside of working for Hilton is the huge difference in salary compared to other companies. Hilton seems to consistently fall behind in fairly compensating their employees, cost of living raises, and appreciating loyal long-term employees. They will not try to retain an employee who has worked for the company for 10+ years, and would rather let them walk than even ask what it would take to keep them.

The company is currently going through a huge "secretive" restructure. Even though they claim to be open and honest about the direction of the company, the general population knows we are all being lied to.

Honesty with your employees should be first and foremost. Dishonesty, personal greed and the never-ending lies about the corporate transformation is sickening.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide