There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Great place to work, every where you go there are downfalls.

Current Employee - Front Desk Manager in Somerset, PA
Current Employee - Front Desk Manager in Somerset, PA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

The people you deal with daily are usually very pleasant to be around. Dealing with the people I deal with make going to my job worthwile. My coworkers are wonderful, they are almost always very great to work with. We all have a lot of fun together.

Cons

There is a lot of poor communication amongst many of the employees that work there.

Advice to Management

Take more time to acknowlege the things that the staff do each and every day. Make people feel that they are needed and that they are doing a good job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Blackstone runs off every loyal, long-term employee as it SUCCESSFULLY runs Hilton Hotels into the ground...Great job!

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Since the acquisition of Hilton by Blackstone, it's hard to remember the best reasons for working at Hilton. This company used to be very progressive and always had an open door policy. Outside of the recent changes, one of the biggest reasons i've remained at Hilton over the years was the ability to advance. Hilton usually will hire from within when jobs are available before they start looking outside the company. I feel like Hilton has been great for providing their employees with a great training ground and allowing you to get personal training in your current profession. The best reason of course is the huge discounts on hotel stays.

Cons

The downside of working for Hilton is the huge difference in salary compared to other companies. Hilton seems to consistently fall behind in fairly compensating their employees, cost of living raises, and appreciating loyal long-term employees. They will not try to retain an employee who has worked for the company for 10+ years, and would rather let them walk than even ask what it would take to keep them. The company is currently going through a huge "secretive" restructure. Even though they claim to be open and honest about the direction of the company, the general population knows we are all being lied to.

Advice to Management

Honesty with your employees should be first and foremost. Dishonesty, personal greed and the never-ending lies about the corporate transformation is sickening.

Hilton Hotel Corporation - a great place if you lack creativity, innovation, and love status quo!

Current Employee - Director in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

I used to think that having Hilton on my resume would be a good thing... Now I know the truth... we will always be a stale, stodgy, old company. Even with the new, younger blood...they company is still being run by a bunch of dudes who are completely out of touch with what consumers really want.

Cons

Everything. From professional advancement, to not having one single person to admire or look up to. I learned how to be a great leader by NOT following what my managers do.

Advice to Management

Get some b*lls first and then look beyond your "mid 40 to 59 yr old boys network" for some fresh, innovative, creative thinking.