There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Change is happening and the flexible will survive.

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Hilton is in tranformation mode as the company tries to shake off it's former image of traditional big boxes in major cities to being a world class hospitality company. But at it's roots are the Team Members who make the hotels great. Each day, throughout the country i am proud to be part of the team that delivers exceptional service to our guests. While operations and deliverables to our guests have changed and continue to change with Blackstone's leadership, the heart of our hotels are still alive and doing our best for the guests. The future for HIlton remains strong and the promise of Blackstone's ownership is the core of that promise. We have grown our Waldorf=Astoria collection by over 10 properties and ownership is going to focus on our nameplate brand HILTON more than Hampton, Homewood, Embassy and Doubletree. In the long run we do have a great 401 K, Health, Life and Dental benefits that are above average and PTO which we all love! Learning and Professional Development and Brand Management have been turning out the training and support materials to do a better job so while we are in turmiol as an organization, we are still the best hospitality company in the world.

Cons

CUTS CUT AND CUTS... it is tough with the layoffs and cutbacks. Team Member events were scaled back and 2009. And the layoffs is worrysome. Not only at the properties as less of us will have to do more but also in Beverly Hills and Memphis... We are told that only 1000 or so will be moving to DC or Memphis when we close HQ in Beverly Hills. We have some great friends in those locations and they will be missed. Finally the Blackstone involvement in the company. This is Chris Nasetta's company to run all the other players in Blackstone need to step back and let Chris run the show. He has quickly taken the time to learn and understand the culture, he is moving the culture into the direction it needs to go in, and we need less of these fly by high price executives coming in and throwing in a new direction that doesnt necessarily work

Advice to Management

Show some respect for your operatives. We are not idiots who don't know how to run your company, we want to fulfil your vision but you need to communicate to us what that vision is. The company is scared, it is up to you as leaders to reassure we will get through the downturn and the deliver on the vision.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Totally disgusted.

Current Employee - Restaurant Server and Bartender. in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Restaurant Server and Bartender. in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Hotel discounts were nice when you could use them.

Cons

The management is uninvolved. Labor and health issues in kitchen and throughout hotel. Mold is a huge issue due to multiple leaks in roof. Kitchen is not cooled. Workers suffer heat stroke and constantly sweat into food being served. Cooks eat while cooking and smoke often without washing hands. Major cleanliness issues; check any health inspection. Gross.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your employees are telling you. Sexual Harrassment, verbal abuse! Should never be tolerated.

If you can handle the pace

Current Employee - Director in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Great hospitaility organization - believes in employee's - takes a great deal of time to get anything accomplished - very decentralized - fast paced and growing organization - lots of hotels and plans on the horizon - upcoming move from California may be challanging -

Cons

Very de-centralized organization with a split personality. Has had a great deal of executive level turnover in the past few months - needs to integrate as a whole and also have sound business practices in place - needs to shrink it's senior and upper management and make them less hotel operations and more corporate centric - empower the employee to make decisions and move forward with business plans.

Advice to Management

Communicate more and more often - especially giving actual details versus elusive plans...