There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

So far I'm impressed...

Current Employee - Sales Administrative  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Sales Administrative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Some of the reasons I love to work for HIlton Hotels is the DISCOUNT! Let's be honest, it makes traveling much easier. Plus I think our management really has shown they are in their leadership roles for a reason. I feel I can talk to my direct mananger of even the GM at any time without any "you went over my head" issues. I do feel the company rewards fairly based on individual accomplishments and does invest in your professional and personal development. SO far, so good.

Cons

Forced PTO. When I came on board the Sales Office was closed 3x in the next 3 months. I had no time off so I didn't get paid for those vacation times. I hear a lot of "when I was at my old property".. well you're no longer there so shut up about it. Making staff changes and not explaining how it's benefiting the property.

Actually listen to your staff. Many things happen that you are not even aware of. From where you sit to where we work, the view is very different. Appreciate the people that are missing their kids recitals to make sure our guests are taken care of.

716 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Great Company!!! Let Blackstone finish "global restructuring" before joining

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

they care about the people working for them. opportunites all over the country. Very Diverse. Lots of experienced people running the company. Internal Controls are very tight. Payroll and Wages are administered in a very fair and equitable manner. you will not ever make more as an hourly person than anyone in that position who has been their the same amount of time as you. As long as HR has something to say about it.

Cons

The owners of the hotels we run wont put enough money into the properties.

relax. The world is not coming to an end

I thought I was working for the leader in customer service; now I know better.

Former Employee - Reservation Agent  in  Hemet, CA
    Former Employee - Reservation Agent in Hemet, CA

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

It's an easy job for decent money. For the most part you are left alone to do your job. One great benefit is being able to stay at any of the hotels in the corporation for free or very inexpensively, if you can find one available. If you like talking to people this is the job for you. You'll make great friends that will last beyond your employment.

Cons

Once a month meetings with your supervisor that is full of discouragment, negativity and bad reviews. If you can't sell enough hotel rooms in a month, you are written up. Yes, it's your fault if you get more cancellation or modification calls than sales calls! Information about the hotels you are trying to sell is very minimal. The plus is if you have been to that particular city before and know something about it otherwise good luck. Their protocal for a phone call changes monthly. You don't know what your supposed to say to the customer anymore. And if you need to transfer a customer to another department, good luck finding the right transfer number.

Listen to your employees! They are the best source for what the customers want and need. Those on the front lines hear more of what is beneficial to the customers and yet your never ask what that is. When you have 94% of your team refusing to say certain words on the phone to the customer, find out why! And lastly, you shouldn't charge someone $6 per paycheck just because they smoke. I wonder when you'll charge for someone being overweight.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!