Hilton Worldwide

www.hiltonworldwide.com
  www.hiltonworldwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Decent perks, but very inflexible job.

Former Employee - Reservation Agent in Carrollton, TX
Former Employee - Reservation Agent in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great perks like free and discounted hotel rooms, on site gourmet coffee. Hotels from around the country would set up tables and hand out freebies.

Cons

Nearly impossible to change your shift. I was hired for the 10-6 shift, which was all that was available at the time. I put in a request to change to the morning shift, for when it became available. They refused unless I gave them a letter from a university or another employer showing my current shift conflicted with school or another job - -that is the only reason they will accept for a shift change. They won't let you change due to family obligations, or any other reason! The next day they advertised jobs for the shift I requested, and hired a bunch of new employees giving them the hours that I requested. Some promotions are based solely on seniority. Low pay.

Make it easier to change your shift!!! Instead of hiring new people to fill the hours, offer the shifts to the current workers. Then hire newbies to fill in the rest.

808 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Worldwide (View Most Recent)

The worst experience of my career so far

Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

it is a known brand

It is hard for me to come up with any other pros

Cons

- terrible senior management with focus on communicating up and assigning blame instead of truly leading
     - HR was ineffective - our team was subjected to swear words in team meetings from our VP as well as collection of other bullying and unprofessional behaviors
     - no ownership or responsibility defined and no strategic goals communicated
     - lots of overworked and unhappy employees with not much results to show for it
     - considerably behind the industry in learning and new technologies. I had to do a lot of catch up at my next job after being a part of Hilton's digital analytics team
     - too much outsourcing - and way too many vendors with conflicting agendas
     - would not recommend this place to anyone who is looking to do some real work in the field of analytics, contribute, and grow

Create a consistent strategy and communicate it instead of constantly putting down fires and making everyone around you operate this way
    Get some real leaders and stop tolerating bad behaviors.
    Start rewarding those who work hard and honest instead of those who are skilled at making themselves look that way

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great travel benefits. A feeling that you are cared for as an employee. They want you to have a personal life and not just a work life. Fairly easy to transfer locations if you work for a property that is owned and operated by corporate.

Cons

The salary is not as high as other industries and some other organizations within the same industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide