There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

My job was in a new area for me and I felt like I was able to make a difference.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, particularly paid leave, for new employees have been revamped and are very generous. Also Hilton encourages employees to give back to the community and has community partners that the corporation supports.

Cons

There have been a lot of organizational changes going on so, while it was interesting work, it was sometimes tumultuous. Some levels of management act as though they do not believe the changes are necessary so it is sometimes hard to determine what the focus is.

Advice to Management

make sure corporation goals are filtered down through management ranks

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Was probably a great company to work for when it wasn't under it's current ownership/leadership

Former Employee - Director in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wait, I am still thinking.

Cons

Worst leadership team I have ever had the misfortune to be associated with. We had team meetings where the senior director had 5 directors in a room to discuss email and meeting etiquette, I mean really. the years of experience in the room was upwards of 100 some odd years. Just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe it was just the information security team that had this misfortune. I hope so, if not i feel sorry for the people that still work there. Maybe that is the reason they have had 4-5 Information Security jobs posted for the past several months and haven't been able to fill any except to bring a consultant on full time. Speaks volumes in this economy

Advice to Management

Rethink your choice of leadership for the information security team.

Favoritism,lies and a very stressful work enviroment. Crappy and outdayed property,poorly maintained.

Current Employee - HOUSEMAN in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - HOUSEMAN in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable job,Hilton brand name and benefits so so discounts.

Cons

Favoritism,secret shoppers who lie,low pay and no life. Managers that constantly critisize amd bully and harass employees about their job. The property i work at is terrible it's so bad that a diamond member complained and management had to try to kiss his ass and bribe him. Dusty and dirty rooms,mold on the ceilings on most rooms,1970 interior green paint,cracked,loose and missing tiles. Housekeeping almost never changes the sheets. I have witnessed this on multiple occasions. Constant workplace stress and bullying by managers. Cannot advance at all. Good hardworking employees don't get any recognition what so ever. Lazyness and favoritism is awarded so much so an employee recieved employee of the month twice! Employees cannot defend themselves if acused or blamed for bs that did not happen. The employee has no rights it's always the fuest first employees non existant. Employee put on the spot instantly is wrong take guests word over yours. Mundane and repetetive tasks carried out on a daily and nightly basis.

Advice to Management

Fire the incompetent managers and rude employees that are favored. More pto time off better pay for employeesl.