There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Great learning experience working while in college

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really take care of employees, fun work environment with good people

Cons

Limited professional growth and development

reviews filtered by

Shiny on the Outside, Tarnished on the Inside

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worldwide recognition, fairly good benefit program, some of the best properties in the world are Hilton brands.

Cons

Company has swayed drastically from the original goals set by Conrad Hilton. Now it's all about the bottom line. Management talks a good game regarding employees and appreciation, but ultimately, all decisions at every level focus on money. And, unfortunately, in this industry, that equates to failure. In the division I worked for, a few of the GMs I met were hands on, hard working people, as am I. Unfortunately, that personality is no longer valued. The GMs who get the accolades and the money are the ones who don't have any employee relation skills or management abilities other than sitting in their office cutting budgets, but they know how to "play the game." If you want to play the game, it's a good company for you. If you work hard, give your hotel your full hands on attention 24/7, don't look for appreciation or respect because you won't get it. Sorry Conrad, it's the way it is now...

Get rid of your game playing GMs who look good and talk a good game. Promote and value those who put in the work and the hours...they are the one's running your hotels. Pay attention to who's doing what and who's not doing what at your hotels. Chances are, if one of your hotels is doing great, it's the AGM and lower levels running the property in the shadow o anf uninformed 8 to 5 General Manager.

2. Director of Sales

Current Employee - Director of Sales
    Current Employee - Director of Sales

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong brand recognition, consistant product, great on-line training and resources. Great communication from executive offices.

Cons

Select Service division is not invested in employees, they do not provide traing or support. I have had three general managers who had very little leadership abilities and were unable to lead a successful team. I would not work for the select service division again.

Invest in your teams.