Excellent Company

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Night Auditor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits package and phenomenal training, especially for those on the career path in the hospitality industry.

Cons

Some corporate policies are self-defeating and harm the income potential of certain hotels in the long run.

Advice to Management

Please re-evaluate your policy on credit card transactions for upper level hilton rewards members, as credit card fraud is running rampant and you are doing a disservice to your guests by not adequately ensuring their security by verifying cards at POS with government issued photo ID's. In addition, the policy of over-selling hotels is not one practiced by all brands (as I was mistakenly informed and later confirmed on my own) and does not promote brand loyalty, which is one of Hilton Worldwide's strengths. Guaranteeing a reservation should ALWAYS guarantee that reservation except in cases beyond the control of the hotel, such as storm/flood/eletrical/etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

server

Pros

Light hours, efficient work environment, and everyone is friendly.

Cons

At this moment, I have nothing bad to say.

2. Worked us to death

Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building to work in. Guests were all very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Schedules were ridiculous causing massive turnover in front office. Seems no one stayed more than 3 months! We weren't given our weekly schedule until 2 days ahead of time and we were constantly working 7 to 9 days straight with only one day off in between. If you don't mind having no life and just "living" at the hotel for extremely low pay, than this is the job for you. Other departments were treated far better than front desk.

Advice to Management

The front desk people are your MOST important team members because they are the first and last people the guests interact with. It's a shame that management couldn't seem to understand this. Also, if you want to avoid massive turnover, do not schedule employees more than 6 days straight....ever.