There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Great place to work with excellent training.

Former Employee - Bellhop in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Bellhop in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities and training to advance. Excellent benefits offered as employees grow. Very well known hotel chain with great resources.

Cons

At the Milwaukee downtown location, managers were not as willing to hire from within. They would rather hire from outside the company and allow their current staff to be less than they could be.

Advice to Management

Hire from within the company to boost morale.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you have a family, this is not the place for you

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time

Pros

Great brand and hotel chain. Team member travel program is a huge plus.

Cons

Long hours for corporate employees because of harsh staffing cutbacks. The concept of work life balance is completely unheard of. No apparent sick time policy as managers do not discourage employees from coming into the office with a cold, stomach bug, or flu. Office politics and bullying are among the worst I've seen.

Advice to Management

Stop understaffing! Give us the personnel and material resources we need to do our jobs and we'll do it. And promote a healthy work life balance so we aren't feeling burned out all the time.

It was a terrible, time-consuming, and demanding job. Overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Excellent Food. Very clean establishment. Pay isn't too shabby. Great for experience.

Cons

Management is absolutely abhorrent. The equipment is old and outdated. Its know what you know its who you know. They expect you to work WELL beyond the hours of your shift and get upset if you can't for some reason. It's basically MODERN day slavery. The hours are TERRIBLE! The people that work there are lazy and confrontational. A lot of the union workers were lazy, crabby, and complained incessantly. I cried nearly 3 times just WITHIN my training period because they managers constantly try to put their workers down instead of uplifting them. If you make a MENIAL mistake and I mean MENIAL they act as though you've committed some grievous sin.

Advice to Management

Where to begin? First you should start by HIRING more workers and stop working people to the bone. Do the words labor laws mean anything to you? Secondly, you need to hire more ADEQUATE managers. The managers were lazy, misinformed, and got annoyed when ever they were actually asked to do their job. One of your managers told me they didn't feel like handling a customer that asked specifically for them, HOW DOES that work ? Last please stop with all the BLATANT nepotism! Us workers should be treated based off our performance and not off WHO we know!smh ! ugh disgusting