Hilton Worldwide

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

It's only okay

Current Employee - Gift Shop Attendant in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Gift Shop Attendant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team member travel program is decent (as long as what you are looking for is available), pay is pretty good; as a gift shop attendant I started at $9.00/hr and now I make almost $10/hr. Friendly managers.

Cons

Weekend scheduling (at least in my department) is a joke. Only one person working the gift shop for the whole day on any given Saturday or Sunday. Makes for a super long, boring, and challenging shift if it is a busy day. Also, have tried numerous times to advance and have been passed over for someone less qualified. I'm at the point of giving up any hope of starting a decent career with this company.

Let loose a few extra dollars on labor for the scheduling problem. It's seriously ridiculous. And let those of us with actual college degrees have a shot at a better job instead of giving them to others solely based on popularity.

813 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Understaffed and Under-appreciated

Former Employee - Server in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Server in Boston, MA

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reduced rates if staying in a Hilton affiliated hotel

Cons

Completely understaffed to the point where they would force employees to work until 2 or 3 A.M on a night shift and still schedule them for a 5 A.M shift a whole 3 hours later.

High turnover rate

Hire enough employees so you don't have to frequently schedule essentially 20 hour work days.

Stuck in a rut

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Team members are valued & appreciated. Company is great at boosting morale, by hosting free events for all to enjoy - Yearly Crabfeast (hosted by CEO), family day watching Nationals baseball, freebies all year round (pizza, ice cream, desserts, movies, etc).

Cons

Been employed with HW for years & have tried numerous times to advance/move around within the company. It has been challenging to say the least. No room for growth or advancement. Completely frustrating & discouraging.
    Team Member travel program used to be decent, now its not even worth it to try & book a room at employee rate.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide