Hilton Worldwide

www.hiltonworldwide.com

It's only okay

Gift Shop Attendant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsTeam member travel program is decent (as long as what you are looking for is available), pay is pretty good; as a gift shop attendant I started at $9.00/hr and now I make almost $10/hr. Friendly managers.

ConsWeekend scheduling (at least in my department) is a joke. Only one person working the gift shop for the whole day on any given Saturday or Sunday. Makes for a super long, boring, and challenging shift if it is a busy day. Also, have tried numerous times to advance and have been passed over for someone less qualified. I'm at the point of giving up any hope of starting a decent career with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet loose a few extra dollars on labor for the scheduling problem. It's seriously ridiculous. And let those of us with actual college degrees have a shot at a better job instead of giving them to others solely based on popularity.

Understaffed and Under-appreciated

Server (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros: Reduced rates if staying in a Hilton affiliated hotel Cons: Completely understaffed to the point where they would force employees to work until 2 or 3 A.M on… Advice to Senior Management: Hire enough employees so you don't have to frequently schedule… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stuck in a rut

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros: Team members are valued & appreciated. Company is great at boosting morale, by hosting free events for all to enjoy… Cons: Been employed with HW for years & have tried numerous times to advance/move around within the company. It has been challenging to say the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hilton Worldwide.

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!