Server

Former Employee - Server  in  Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Server in Columbus, OH

I worked at Hilton Worldwide part-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting style of menu and good presentation, I really enjoyed learning about the different events and menu items and fine dinning service.

Cons

Slow business did not award a good overall experience. Though the food was interesting there was a lot of inconsistency resulting in inadequate training. The slow business did not help financial standings for my personal growth and the front house staff were not motivated to promote themselves. In other words, the standing around and gossiping was not a great 'training experience'. I did not stay for more than a month.

Evaluate your training procedures and trainers. The high demand to know the menu items did not coincide with the focus of the overall staff. I did think the management were always helpful as well as the back house cooks and chef. I think that hotels are fascinating just wish there was more of a positive energy overall to grow from. I do not think this will damper my seeking for hotel careers or turn away from all Hilton branches.

Other Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Unless you fit into automaton job requirements, working here can be a very frustrating.

Current Employee - Customer Care Coordinator  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some very good travel benefits, though many properties can be nearly impossible to book.

Cons

Obsessed with quantity at the expense of quality. Obsessive attention to handling time, time between calls. If you're a robot on an assembly line, you'll do well here. Lip service to providing excellent customer service, but the bottom line is always $$$. Change is laboriously slow and from top down. Opinions of frontline workers give little credit, despite annual survey.

Listen to your employees in the trenches; they'll let you know how to deliver great customer service. Don't promise greater empowerment but then wait years to deliver it.

Values Just Aren't the Same

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Hilton and all of its properties have an incredible training program. In addition to in being thorough, the company provides many avenues for continued growth and learning.

Cons

They've lost the importance of a happy staff. Rather than considering all aspects of a guest issue, they are quick to punish the employee involved and do not stand behind the employees decision. So sad for such a solid company.

While the guests are important, you'd do well to remember that your staff are what keep people coming. 'Guests come first no matter what' is a great way to ensure your SALT scores stay low...stop throwing your staff under the bus. You'll see vast improvements in performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide.

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!