HireCounsel

Lack of Communication

Former Employee - Contract Attorney in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Contract Attorney in Washington, DC

I worked at HireCounsel

Pros

They work with desirable law firms

Cons

They rather maximize profits than keep a valuable group of employees.

Be respectful.

22 Other Employee Reviews for HireCounsel (View Most Recent)

Legal Staffing Business

Former Employee - Managing Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Houston, TX

I worked at HireCounsel

Pros

Opportunity to make decent commissions.
    Autonomony.

Cons

This is a Mother/ Daughter run company. There is no HR department. If you have any ethical disputes, there is no outlet for that type of complaint. They have no concern for work/ life balance. On your paid time off, you are expected to return phone calls, set up meetings, interviews, answer credentialing quesitons, respond to blackberry messages, etc at any time of day or night. It was highly competitive and a very biased environment. No supplemental benefits were offered, meaning if you wanted to obtain insurance through this company, you were responsible for 100% of the premiums.

Create an HR Department. Implement an anti-nepotism policy. Pay some employee premiums for health insurance. Conduct annual performance reviews. Tie performance reviews to base salary increases and annual bonuses.

pleasant and professional

Former Employee - Document Reviewer JD/Attorney, Temporary in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Document Reviewer JD/Attorney, Temporary in Kansas City, MO

I worked at HireCounsel

Pros

The working environment has been very comfortable and the relationships professional. When the projects came to an end, I was notified respectfully. I hope to have future assignments with them.

Cons

Saying I'm a document reviewer is no thrill. "Contract attorney" or "legal analyst" may have a nice ring if you're new to doc review, but if you refer to yourself that way at work or socially, sorry to break the news, but you're a big doofus. Litigation support projects can stop on a dime, so the income is not the least bit reliable (the hardest part of temping). And, even though I'm quite content to perk along on a document review assignment in the name of being able to leave my work completely at work (ahhh... my reason for temping), a couple times I've caught myself inadvertently stepping on toes by offering opinions beyond my pay grade, which... I'd advise avoiding.

I'm content with the way I have been treated and the projects I have been offered. So, I have no advice.

There are newer employer reviews for HireCounsel