HireStrategy

www.hirestrategy.com
  www.hirestrategy.com
There are newer employer reviews for HireStrategy

The best place to work as a recruiter in D.C./Northern Virginia

I worked at HireStrategy full-time

Pros

I worked for HireStrategy for many years as a recruiter and account manager. Based on my experiences and my knowledge of other local firms, HireStrategy is by far and away the best recruiting firm to work for in the D.C./NoVa area. The management team is not just paying lip service to the concept of a consultative approach with candidates and clients. They fully embrace the idea of building business partnerships. I noticed the vast difference between HireStrategy and the other firms in the area after my first interview. They want recruiters and account managers to take a straightforward, professional approach in interactions with candidates and clients. If you want to be able to recruit in a truly professional environment and to operate with integrity, this is the firm for you.

I ultimately decided to move into a completely different career outside of recruiting, but if I had stayed in recruiting I would have planned to stay at HireStrategy for decades. Once you work there, you are not going to want to work for any other recruiting agency (I am not kidding). Literally NO ONE leaves to go to other recruiting firms; the only people that leave either have decided to leave recruiting, have moved out of the area or want to do internal HR/corporate.

HS is the most respected brand name in the area. This is not one of those firms where the manager is saying "Ok, we have four clients, let's go out and find a fifth to keep paying the rent!" They are really entrenched in the area and work with all of the major players. If you are starting in a strictly recruiting capacity, you will never be hurting for job orders to work on. I was shocked by the number of clients and job orders vs. my previous firm.

Despite all the great things I have to say about HS on a professional level, the BEST thing about HireStrategy is the unique feeling of camaraderie and esprit de corps that pervades all levels of the organization. I think of my former colleagues (and all of my former managers) in the same way I think of family members. Because of the high quality people that are hired and the low turnover rate, you become very close with your managers and team members. It is an extremely fun environment, with lots of laughter in the office and all the happy hours you could want.

One final note; if this review sounds over the top in terms of positivity, keep in mind that this is being written from the perspective of a very cynical, seasoned former recruiter. I know that people are looking for honest advice in this forum, and I would never say all these positive things if I did not truly believe them. Trust me; this place IS different. As someone with a lot of inside knowledge about this firm who knows what the "real deal" is, I can assure you that choosing HireStrategy would be one of the best decisions you could make.

Cons

This is not really a "con", more of a heads up to prospective employees. This is a place where people work hard and have fun doing it. If you have a "clock in, clock out" mentality and don't want to work hard, don't bother applying.

23 Other Employee Reviews for HireStrategy (View Most Recent)

The best company I have worked for

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at HireStrategy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Weekly (or sometimes daily) happy hours, fun work environment, flag football league, fantasy football, halloween party, christmas party, yearly club trip for top performers, great co-workers, the best boss to work for and excellent executive management.

Cons

Small company so not much of a growth potential for me.

Consider providing club trip for non-recruiters, maybe set some KPIs to measure their performance.

Thank you for the best experience I have ever had.

Former Employee - Director in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Director in Reston, VA

I worked at HireStrategy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HireStrategy is hands-down the best in the business. They are the most knowledgeable and professional firm I have worked with. Their approach is consultative, which I find lacking in the recruiting world. It's refreshing to be able to sit down and have an intelligent conversation with industry experts. Over the years I have worked with various team members there, I have gained valuable insight, guidance, and results. You can tell they genuinely care about the work they do.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

No advice to management.