HireStrategy

www.hirestrategy.com
  www.hirestrategy.com
There are newer employer reviews for HireStrategy

Best recruiting firm in the DC area

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA

I have been working at HireStrategy full-time

Pros

-Locally based, so you are able to focus on one area and truly build relationships

-More job orders than you know what to do with

-Strong management with strong values, that actually care about the direction, future and success of company

-No micromanaging

-Excellent, realistic training that involves very usable data

-Recruiting best practices are expected and HIGHLY encouraged

-Especially in contracting, commission plan is very aggressive

-Open-door policy

-Co-workers are very nice and easygoing

Cons

-Not really a con, but a warning: you will be very busy due to the number of job reqs. You need to be open to organization methods, as most recruiters tend to avoid planners and calendars.

-If you are not interested in recruiting, or don't want to get better at it--I would not recommend working with HS. The people at HS want to work hard and realize the rewards of our profession; financially and personally.

-Sometimes things are so busy that it can be overwhelming, but I would prefer that to growing stagnant and not having any reqs to fill!

Keep it up

23 Other Employee Reviews for HireStrategy (View Most Recent)

Below Average Recruiting Company

Former Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA

I worked at HireStrategy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good entry level training and experience. Good people overall, and decent company culture.

Cons

Two big concerns here.

Way to much Soap Opera drama here. The employees are young and hip, which is cool, until the chickens start clucking and causing drama in the work place. It's like high school, but worse.

Poor Leadership. Recruiting is a high volume results driven business, but sometimes to best individual contributor is a horrible manager. This is the case at Hirestrategy, particularly in one department. A highly successful recruiter has worked their way up to a senior manager position but is horrible at it. ANALOGY. Sometimes the best quarterback in the world, is the worst coach.

Senior leadership not open to change.
    Weak departmental structure
    Zero Growth
    Against Geographical Expansion
    Benefits are Average

Be open to different perspectives. Don't let your experience and success create tunnel vision with how you manage your teams. If you read this review, and dismissed it as a former employee who wasn't good at their job, then you have proven my point.

Don't let loyalty to process be a hindrance to change. You should constantly look at what can be done differently to raise the bar of performance.

Contracted out - mediocre experience

I have been working at HireStrategy as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to get a hold of the office, friendly to talk to

Cons

Not very communicative with contractors in the field, was told not to expect to make a competitive wage (meaning not to expect to make what I was making in my retail job) in this area directly by the recruiter. Was promised possibility of employment in 3 months - then was told by my direct manager that was not a possibility. Other contractors (also working with HireStrategy) in my department were all promised inconsistent time frames.
    Bullied into the contracting role I took, and it was not a good fit.

There are newer employer reviews for HireStrategy