There are newer employer reviews for HireVue

Great interview experience using their own technology

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at HireVue

Pros

Cutting edge technology in a fast paced environment
Innovation is evident all over the company
Entrepreneurial culture that is rewarding

Cons

There is a plenty of work to do at a company the size and age of HireVue, so it requires a worker to be extremely motivated and diligent

It was very fun to use the video interviewing technology as a candidate during the interview cycle. It gave me a chance to understand the value of the solution.

16 Other Employee Reviews for HireVue (View Most Recent)

This place rocks!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time

Pros

I enjoy virtually everyone that I work with. The work is challenging and rewarding with each individual able to make significant impact. The level of expectations is reasonable but challenging enough to make you rise to the occasion and improve. I am excited to go to work and I return home happy and engaged in life, without undue pressure.

Cons

Honestly it is working with such smart people. It is sometimes intimidating and makes me want to double check facts before I say anything and work hard to improve my skills since I want to perform on the same level as my peers. This is overall beneficial but I think it takes a while for a more timid person like me to contribute as fully as possible due to intimidation.

Keep doing what you are doing and preserve the culture of everyone pitching in and personal accountability. It is refreshing when something goes wrong to have everyone work together to make sure it gets fixed right.

Phenomenal opportunity for product and engineering

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in South Jordan, UT

I worked at HireVue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Although a lot of the culture can be "salesly" since more than half the company is sales, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Product and Engineering groups. Everyone is talented and fun to work with.

Salaries are on the top end of Utah companies.

Plenty of challenges in the type of work.

They don't work you to death and appreciate that you have a life/family outside of work.

More perks than I care to remember or write here.

Cons

Personally, enterprise software is not for me. I left for a startup. But if you don't mind building enterprise software for large brands, there isn't really anything else that should stop you from applying here.

There were times I felt the leadership culture tended to want you to prove all your ideas in a way that made me feel that I was not necessarily trusted. However, I did feel I was able to work through these issues. Management, including the executive team, definitely listens and appreciates feedback.

Trust those you employ. Pick your battles. Hire the right talent and then trust them. Don't question what they do strategically unless you have strong reasons.

There are newer employer reviews for HireVue