Hitachi Consulting

www.hitachiconsulting.com
  www.hitachiconsulting.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

I would say one of the best things about working at Hitachi Consulting are the people.

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Cons

If you're having a hard time thinking of something to write, you might want to think about explaining some of the reasons behind your ratings.

366 Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting (View Most Recent)

It'll do... for now

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

If you're young and starting out of school, this is a decent place to gain a lot of experience and exposure to different industries in a short amount of time. Also, the flexibility to grow and learn new skills and competencies

Cons

Compensation. It seems like no matter how hard you work, try, or how happy your client is, it feel impossible to receive some sort of reward whether it be a raise, promotion, or bonus. It's just not competitive against other consulting firms.

Lack of direction from management. Every quarter, management seems to have another great idea about how to make the region competitive without a plan or, at least, a coherent explanation of how we plan to accomplish that. To me, it shows a lack of confidence and competence. There's always more questions than answers.

Management's Inability to handle concerns from employees. Valid concerns often go silent because they're either unheard or disregarded.

Culture. They'll push how great the "culture" is but in reality it doesn't exist and it doesn't pay the bills or put food on the table. Getting together a few times a year doesn't correlate to having a healthy, work/life balance or community culture. Some regions have healthier cultures than others but it's pretty much non-existent here. It feels forced and uncomfortable... probably because a lot of it is mandatory.

Career growth. If you want to learn, this is a good place to be but if you want a career or place to implement what you've learned, you might want to look somewhere else.

Please make compensation more competitive and try to be more receptive to what people feel or have to say.

Great people, poor compensation given the competition

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Culture...plain and simple. It's the people that you work with that keeps everyone working there.

Cons

Compensation - It's on the lower tier for for consulting services.

Better balance of work/life for employees

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting