Hitachi Consulting

www.hitachiconsulting.com
  www.hitachiconsulting.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Hired under false pretenses, talked to in a condescending manner, then let go.

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Specialist  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Facilities are top notch, IT system and department is quality.

Cons

Underdeveloped training within the HR department, management is ill equipped to lead, let alone manage. Instruction for new hires is non existient. Inconsistiency regarding the QA/QC of individual work.

I applied for an HR Business Partner position. I have 7 years of HR experience, iincluding Supervisory and Sr. Managerial/SME experence supporting over 6000 employees at over 30 locations. After interviewing several times I was "the ideal candidate for a different position" and hired as an Sr. HR Specialist. Coming in I was told that my primary responsibilities would be to write processes for our routine HR reporting. Once I got here I was given a share drive full of reports, notes described as process documents and told to figure them out. After two months of my three month temp position I was able to reverse engineer the reports and determine how they were ran. I started working here in July, out of the 19 reports due each month, 13 of them had not been completed since April. Why? Because the only person who knew how to run them was the person I replaced. My counterparts had no knowledge, my manager didn't have a clue how any of them were ran. No big deal.
While having to figure out how to run these reports, I was also now responsible for running the reports. The ultimate goal was to have our outsourced office in India take these reports over. Unfortunately, they lack the minimal skill required fo manipulate a simple spreadsheet.
Come October, I'm told that they cannot hire me on full time, but would extend my temp status. I am now a Salaried, Exempt employee in a temp position, so I am not afforded PTO or Holiday pay, which Im' currently investigating with the DOL to ensure legality.
Come the end of October, I'm then told that I would be let go December 21st, and recieved complaints that it took so long to iron out the issues with their reports. Reports that no one else knows how to run, let alone write process documents for.
I'm disappointed as I do enjoy the work enviornment of the company as a whole, they are very much into volunteering and do alot of events for company morale. Unfortunately, the HR department here is in a bad way. I come from larger companies that support 10 times as many employees and while it was hectic, the knowledge base was there.
If you are an HR professional looking for a worthwhile position, look elsewhere.

p.s. the person they hired for the HRBP position instead of me left the company a month ago. I don't know if it was by choice or by force. Other HR staff have either been laid off for budgetary reasons or have just moved to other departments; so its safe to say the issues are systemic.

358 Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting (View Most Recent)

Great people

Former Employee - Director  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

people are the best you can find

Cons

some of the processes are archaic

SAP Architect

Former Employee - SAP Architect  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - SAP Architect in Houston, TX

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people. Good work environment. Work and life balance. Managers taking care of people.

Cons

Mid size company and struggling to compete with major league consultant companies and with small companies. Allowing customer stress consultants. Too many managers and not may soldiers.

Redefine sizing, this company does not need all these VP and Directors, need more technical people.

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!