There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Company policies are OK

Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)
Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compensation & Leave Policy are good

Cons

Your growth is totally depends on your project and your project lead

Give high priority to employee satisfaction, prepare better growth plan

reviews filtered by

Career limiting

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined working for Edenbrook where I was working with some very smart people and learnt a lot. I learnt many new skills on the job. Edenbrook was a fairly small company so I felt very connected with everyone. We used to have a drink after work a lot and participate in other fun outside work activities otherwise known as an offsite within Microsoft.

Cons

When the Hitachi Consulting acquisition took place the whole place changed. Since the day Hitachi acquired Edenbrook, I never went on a offsite again. The training stopped also. With this many of the smart people I was used to working with, left Hitachi for other organizations, some decided to go contracting. This is when the churn began, the constant recruitment process.

If you are thinking about joining this company, I recommend you read all reviews here and make your own mind up.

There was also a massive disconnect between me and my manager. We never had regular 1:1's. Even review time was not done by my manager!

I had 0 flexibility, always being forced to drive 3hrs to a customers site when I could have worked from home quite easily enough.

I felt my career was going nowhere, I couldn't work on the projects I wanted, undertake training I needed or desired for my own personal career agenda (that was mapped to the future success of Hitachi).

Hitachi thinks they are on the same level as Accenture, IBM, HP and Microsoft. It is true they sometimes compete against those companies, but most times at a loss then the consultants onsite are expected to work all hours of the night to deliver it.

I was on one project (this particular project was known to everyone in the company due it being a complete failure) and I as were my colleagues often working every night until 7-8pm. Sometimes well into the night if a release into system test was due for the customer the next day.

I think you need to start over again. Look at all internal processes, training budgets, offshore arm etc

2. Enormous Growth Plan and Changes have caused all Internal Depts to be stretched beyond capacity

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time

Pros

Leadership COre still has my confidence, but it's getting harder to maintain any sense of order or productivity in day to day actual work.

Cons

Disjointed - no direction or timely help on functional changes that have occurred in almost all systems. The M&A Dept. really needs to do a better job of vetting out all the issues when these acquisitions are integrated rather than simply dumping the problem on the Internal Depts who have no insight into the what, when and why.

Highly unlikely in frenzied approach to acquire more and more companies, but consider the enormous strain on the already thin skeleton crews in these internal depts. I find it troubling that qualified/skilled resources are laid off with no regard for other depts that are overloaded and could actually put the resources to good use.

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting