Hitachi Consulting
www.hitachiconsulting.com Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Spiraling downwards into the valley of despair

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe one thing that HC has managed to do right (most of the time) is hire people who are fun to work with. I still enjoy spending time with my former co-workers very much. A few years ago HC was a great place to work and I gladly recommended it to my network. The camaraderie and breadth of projects made this firm look like it was going somewhere.

ConsThe pay is atrocious and downright offensive to any professional. The truth is so many people jump ship to make 30-40% more. The benefits, while not as ugly, are still sub par to other firms. Technical people often find themselves in the black hole of a maintenance project or staffed on a technical project that doesn't align with their skillset. Functional people settle for QA roles or get pidgeon holed into positions that don't differ too much from administrative assistant to clients. Seriously, this is suppose to be an top tier aspiring firm? The days of interesting projects, career growth, and skill development ended about 2 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys at the top should really think about your people. Morale is low and the firm is bleeding great talent. Have you stopped to think about why the pyramid is flipped? C'mon, keep it real and pay for the talent needed in a top tier firm. HC use to be a great place to work 4 years ago and you let that go. It's a damn shame.

Great team with solid leadership; Less exciting projects and opportunities; Not the best paying firm, but not the worst

Manager (Former Employee)
    Orange, CA

I worked at Hitachi Consulting

Pros: The people are good to work with and genuinely interested in doing… Cons: The culture was not very entrepreneurial and the projects less exciting… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to hire solid technologists and consultants. Look for ways to better… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Place to Gain Experience

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros: Culture Time Off Work-Life Balance Ability to live anywhere Cons: Low, Uncompetitive Salary No 401k Matching Advice to Senior Management: Your words of encouragement mean nothing if you don't compensate your consultants with competitive salaries. Get… More
There are newer reviews on Hitachi Consulting.

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hitachi Consulting CEO Philip R. Parr. All reviews posted anonymously by Hitachi Consulting employees.