Hitachi Consulting

www.hitachiconsulting.com
  www.hitachiconsulting.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Fantastic place to start a career, but not the right place for me to grow

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people when I started were excellent - I admired the leaders and my peers from my local office. I worked here directly out of undergrad and was given great opportunities to work in different industries and in different functional areas. Better work life balance than most consultancies

Cons

Experiences and expectations differ widely by which office you are in and what your background is. Pay increase is slow until you are eligible for performance compensation. Leadership at the company level (not the office-level) is disconnected.

Hiring definitely needs improvement - the consultants hired out of undergrad are the most talented people at the company, and I often felt like I was picking up slack for poor MBA and experienced hires (who were brought in at a higher salary level than I ever attained).

356 Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting (View Most Recent)

Struggling to find a reason to stay

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The professionals in the trenches are quality individuals for the most part.
    Project work is challenging.
    Travel oppportunities are available.

Cons

Senior Management is out of touch with reality. Projects are bid without consideration of the work that needs to be done. Most contracts are negotiated to a price, not a deliverable.
    Leadership does not hesitate to throw their team under the bus in order to make themselves look better. It is an "old boys club" that does not value the hard work and sacrafice given by their employees.

Listen to the people doing the work. Your tactics of underbidding just to win the work are hurting you in the long run. If you want to be the discount service provider, then brand yourself as such and stop trying to compete with the real consulting firms.
    Your HR issues will not go away and will continue to grow if you allow VPs and Directors to run roughshod over the people who deliver your services. Try standing up for your employees once. You may be surprised at the results you get.

Very good!

Current Employee - Practice Associate  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Practice Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They have a very good base, engaging clients and exciting work. My time there has been great, a lot of very smart people.

Cons

Burdened by their own large company and too displaced to work as together as a one large company. Found difficult experiences in collaborating within the companies sector.

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!