There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Good Place to work overall, comp need improvement

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Great people.
Good culture in former Andersen cities.
Up and coming practice. Strong leadership.

Cons

Value proposition has changed. Used to be a place that provided a culture of local work over travel. Now they have changed to a national model and no longer have p/l at the local market. Salaries for people who travel now have not been moved commensurate with value proposition change.

Advice to Management

Get back to leveraged model and make sure you have consistency in how people are working on engagements. SM's should not be doing SC work.

reviews filtered by

Not good

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Good people
    Good clients
    Good training if you try to get it
    Good backing from an international firm who is on board with Hitachi being the global consulting arm
    Acquistion companies were fantastic

Cons

Terrible strategy going forward
    Everyone came here to work for one reason, now we are on another
    Focus on profitabilty a terrible message
    This is consulting - it is about the people
    Hemorraging people

Advice to Management

Focus on the people going forward. Very few people are on board with the strategy. Treat people right - you have not for a long time now. Make an acquisition and quit messing around - if your strategy is to be a $1B company then do it & quit pretending.

2. I've been at Hitachi Consulting and an acquired organization for more than 13 years and it's been a great experience

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

* Hitachi Consulting has encouraged development of new consulting practices which will help us grow and differentiate ourselves.
    * Majority of the employees are smart, hard working talented people that are very interested in helping clients solve real problems
    * Most employees are good at collaborating with each other in order to provide the most value for our clients

Cons

* Leadership team members (at times) seem like they are not all aligned. This can create competition among teams for staffing and credit etc. This is definitely getting better with the new org model of 2010 - I am seeing much more cooperation among teams now that the geo/market offices do not control account relationships and staffing.

Advice to Management

Pressure from leadership to form more of a pyramid structure (less top heavy, more bottom heavy) is not always consistent with the level of expertise that some of our clients expect/desire/need. Leadership needs to be careful to not adopt the "Andersen model" of the 80's in the 2010 decade.