Hitachi Consulting

www.hitachiconsulting.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

I've been at Hitachi Consulting and an acquired organization for more than 13 years and it's been a great experience

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

* Hitachi Consulting has encouraged development of new consulting practices which will help us grow and differentiate ourselves.
* Majority of the employees are smart, hard working talented people that are very interested in helping clients solve real problems
* Most employees are good at collaborating with each other in order to provide the most value for our clients

Cons

* Leadership team members (at times) seem like they are not all aligned. This can create competition among teams for staffing and credit etc. This is definitely getting better with the new org model of 2010 - I am seeing much more cooperation among teams now that the geo/market offices do not control account relationships and staffing.

Pressure from leadership to form more of a pyramid structure (less top heavy, more bottom heavy) is not always consistent with the level of expertise that some of our clients expect/desire/need. Leadership needs to be careful to not adopt the "Andersen model" of the 80's in the 2010 decade.

386 Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting (View Most Recent)

Met some good people, management has opportunity to improve (Project managers, Senior management)

Current Employee - Consulting in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Consulting in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Pros
    Met some great good people, some good couches and superb consultants but most of them are gone now in the last nine months.

Some good opportunities to gain responsabilities from, management is approachable, but not understanding.

Cons

Compensation is not competitive compared with other firms, large shift, not as flexible as you may expect when asking for vacations. May find from time to time some harassement in the work environment by an unethical project manager.

This is a good company, with good people, challenging clients, a lot of opportunity to make your own path.. but as the company is aggressively growing work demands and expectations have gone up, but compensation has not...

Great advice comes from many sources.

Show me the money

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Most of my peers were competent and friendly people and they made every day work enjoyable.

Cons

The org change has dealt some body blows to morale and turnover has skyrocketed. Despite the incredible talent the firm employed its been bleeding a lot of these very people that made HC a fun place to work. Now to right side the pyramid they're stuffing the ranks with people who don't quite measure up to the old standards.

Having to bring my laptop when on vacation was a real downer. Seriously, what kind of place makes people work on their time off? Is this any way to respect and show appreciation to the people in the trenches and billing the clients? It was unbelievable how I had to burn the midnight oil after a great day on the slopes.

The pay is pretty offensive compared to the market. Former co-workers leaving for industry and consulting jobs elsewhere are seeing 20-40% increases in pay. That's how badly HC pays their people and no wonder they are leaving in packs. One leaves and s/he takes a few more a month or two later! The company is truly reaping what it sows now.

Pay your people a salary that beats the market. You need to improve the firm's unquestionable reputation on the street for poor compensation and benefits. Do whatever it takes to retain the talent you still have because the list of stellar talent that left for better opportunities is growing quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting